Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help to explain following "similar image" rejections

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam​MatHayward​

I have some confusions over the reasons that some of my photos got rejected. Hopefully I can learn some insights from your expertise with Adobe Stock

1) "SIMILAR IMAGE" rejection

the (left) portrait orientation got rejected

the (right) portrait orientation got rejected

2) "ARTIFACTS PROBLEM" rejection

bellow are a series from 100% view crop. I tried to crop at the color gradation so you can have better judgement

Crops above are from a series of shots that has the same ISO and lightings. below is a crop from the approved image (the landscape orientation in 'similar reason" above).

I sincerely appreciate for any help and feedback. Many thanks in advance - Joe

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each of these has blurred areas. Take a look at the Adobe information on the quality of the photo. Out of focus areas not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That BLURRY called BOKEH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of focus areas are part of the photographic art.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of focus might be desired, at times, by a photographer. Question is - what customers of Adobe Stock want and will pay for. Think about it from the buyer's point of view. Study the stock Adobe offers. Adobe knows what sells to their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pictures with out of focus elements in stock...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look at other Adobe stock photos and notice how clean and clear they

are. Read the tutorials also - they are free and from ADOBE.

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack

<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM, joeys81849016 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joey, i have to agree with some of the others, there is a lot of blurring going on especially with the lights, also, they pairs are very alike.  They do like the images to be quite crisp, unless its quite close up macro work or portraiture.  Also, they appear to be a little busy, and i have never in all my years of subscribing to another stock library got away with Newton's rings, people seem to hate them.  Its good to have a look at what stock is already on the site and advice from other photographers is always a must for all of us at some times.  Another member posted three images today that are stunning, they got rejected as well, if you can find the thread have a look. 

Like Joanh has said, think about the buyer who may want to alter the image themselves, i never make any alterations to any of my images, they are all "as shot".  Have you sold any images yet Joey?

Alison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines