Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the eraser

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I know i will probably sound really dumb but i use photoshop only for drawing my projects and i love it for this kind of work.

I've been struggling with this problem for some time now and everytime it seems to disappear itself  but today i have done everything i know of that might have worked and nothing helped. The problem sounds simple but i can't seem to manage it, the eraser keeps turning the color of the drawing tool every time i switch back and forth. I clic eraser and it's sudenly turns black which would be fine if i had to change it back to white once but i have to do it every time and i really don't know what is going on. I really don't know much about this program but i use it for making my simple tattoo project. Please help me and please don't laugh at me because i am absolutely aware im useless in those kind of stuff.

AY

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Hello, I do sometimes forget which color I selected as background which is foreground. The little arrows above the color square are small and can accidentally get switched without you knowing about it. I test it - flip the arrows then erase and see if the match is for background and or foreground. A time or two I have had my photoshop jiggled a bit by Windows 10 updates also and I must go reset brushed and preferences. It is a weekly maintenance to preserve my nerves. PS just for fun, I use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I do sometimes forget which color I selected as background which is foreground. The little arrows above the color square are small and can accidentally get switched without you knowing about it. I test it - flip the arrows then erase and see if the match is for background and or foreground. A time or two I have had my photoshop jiggled a bit by Windows 10 updates also and I must go reset brushed and preferences. It is a weekly maintenance to preserve my nerves. PS just for fun, I use the lasso tool to draw a single line drawing and then fill in with a basic color like flesh for person drawing. I love to do landscapes the same way then fill them in with a mixed gradient tool. My drawing tools are all of the lasso and magnetic line tool. I also draw with circles and fill them in with color and erase away areas to get the exact form I want. Happy drawing. Glad you enjoy Photoshop...me too! Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines