Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Technical Issues" Rejections

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I need help to understand why a bunch of my images were just rejected for Technical Issues. I've been submitting for many years and have a pretty good handle on what technical reasons can cause a rejection. I don't see anything technically wrong with these images. Neither do the other stock agencies where these images got approved. Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Svetlana

220_F_183278187_DHXtJbYeNGZnGu8x91wrr6iWbfQ7noXr.jpg 220_F_183278142_1fUqJKIS2ilx3SlFUTrUZtlluTrn0y2r.jpg 220_F_183278106_poH5SMMlXJuXWsHX7S7069KxQpJzsvdX.jpg

220_F_183278171_ZH4k2gcqLprmccHHAoNFXIHsF2NfHfAg.jpg 220_F_183278105_HPxVdWRk9rPmXSq2OQ0EdRaNoWrOhBYp.jpg 220_F_183278091_OAj4Np2iPfB1R3zVVf54EAKrqSxDyYMD.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can give you reliable information about possible technical problems if you upload the pictures in such a small size. Add watermarks/signatures to your images and upload them here in the resolution and with all IPTC data you uploaded to the agency. Technical problems can for example also be the keywords.

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call, @v.pooth! Didn't think about that.

Here are the images in the same resolution as they were uploaded

Downtown San Francisco and the Transamerica Pyramid at Chrismas from wooden Pier 7 at sunset-14.jpg ...

Downtown San Francisco and the Transamerica Pyramid at Chrismas from wooden Pier 7 at sunset-15.jpg ...

Downtown San Francisco and the Transamerica Pyramid at Chrismas from wooden Pier 7 at sunset-18.jpg ...

Downtown San Francisco and the Transamerica Pyramid at Chrismas from wooden Pier 7 at sunset-17.jpg ...

Downtown San Francisco and the Transamerica Pyramid at Chrismas from wooden Pier 7 at sunset-16.jpg ...

I just noticed I have a typo in the title in the word Christmas. But surely it can't be the reason for the rejection? And if it is, wouldn't it be possible to indicate what the issue is, instead of making us hunt and peck for the root cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the lamps of the street lamps... These are mostly completely burnt out and have light-dark seams. The rays of the lamps also seem to be noisy to me. Too sharpened, perhaps?

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know. I have plenty of other night shots that have bright light sources and look similar. It's pretty much unavoidable if you have such a bright light source and are trying to get a properly exposed background. There is also no pure white in those spots. Sharping is not any stronger than usual either. I can maybe smooth out the black and white edges but that's really the contrast between the lamp fixture and the light from the bulb. Seems nit picky, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest contrast may be too strong and perhaps oversaturated. This comes under technical reasons! I wouldn't think the lamps are a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ricky, I can try to lower the contrast and saturation. I think it won't hurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to contact support to get the exact details of the rejection? I've made some tweaks but I still got a technical rejection!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Svetlana,

You can contact MatHayward or the supplier service directly and hope to get an answer.

Nobody can take such a photo with only one camera capture without exposure problems. I think HDR or a series of exposures would be very helpful to avoid these problems. Youtube is your friend there.....

And by the way, your link to your portfolio doesn´t work...

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, v.poth! I got some of the images approved, but I'll try do dig in that direction for the rest.

And thanks for the heads up on the portfolio link! I had it in there twice it should be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they automated the process and it's not working very well. A lot of very good images are being rejected. I think we need an answer from adobe, why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you are right, the rejections aren't consistent. And are worse than before as well as worse than on other stock agencies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gavinr31566929  wrote

I think they automated the process and it's not working very well.

Every time they've been asked about this, they say it's people doing the approvals/rejections and not a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great images - but the lamps look terrible in all examples ..!

Did you upload them all? They could be rejected for similar motifs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines