• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw conversion to jpeg dpi setting

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently taking all my photos in RAW then editing and converting to Jpg for submission to Adobe. I looked through some forums and found most people suggesting 300 dpi for conversion output setting, but my scanner has a 600dpi option so for this format do I want to go with a higher dpi setting? All of the posts I've found were mainly talking about converting the photos for printing, but as these will be submissions for Adobe Stock then manipulated later by potential customers do I want to go higher than 300 dpi? I want the submissions to be the best they can be and have always been a fan of overkill. Is there a suggested dpi from Adobe that i haven't found yet? Do i want to go higher than 300 dpi if it's an available option? And if so, what would be an good setting? Thank you for your time. Have a good day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Adobe don't suggest ppi (dpi) because ppi is abspolutely irrelevant to stock photos. The number of pixels is what matters. The minimum is 4 megapixels, but do not reduce what the camera produces. Nor increase.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

300 DPI is fine.

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't suggest ppi (dpi) because ppi is abspolutely irrelevant to stock photos. The number of pixels is what matters. The minimum is 4 megapixels, but do not reduce what the camera produces. Nor increase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300 DPI is fine.

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I understand I may have been asking the question badly. The editing software I use auto sets it at 350 and while looking through forums I was getting different answers which all seemed plausable.

Much appreciated.

-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

350 should also be ok. However, for people not understanding the dpi/ppi parameter, 300 dpi/ppi is what is required...

When you change the value just make sure that you not increase or reduce the number of pixels value. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" However, for people not understanding the dpi/ppi parameter, 300 dpi/ppi is what is required..."

No, surely no value is REQUIRED at all. (Well some number has to be filled in).

But surely the actual number is completely irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, surely no value is REQUIRED at all.

Correct. But if you do not understand that parameter, simply set it to 300. That will make those happy saying that the picture needs to have 300 dpi. Just do not touch the pixel resolution. 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines