• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected due to technical issues

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning! I am a little unsure what to do because many photos were rejected due to technical issues. I am not a professional or sth, just an 18-year old who does a little bit of photography on the weekends. I just wondered because some photos with the nearly exact camera settings were accepted. I would be thankful for some advice to improve my skills. Also, I haven't edited the pictures a lot (in case this information is needed).

I will add a few of the rejected ones.

Thank you for your help!IMG_7362.JPGIMG_7387.JPGIMG_7374.JPG

TOPICS
Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All 3 are blurry, underexposed, and could have been composed in a more appealing fashion. As a category, flowers, are already over-represented in the Adobe Stock databases, so in order to be accepted, your flower images would have to be exceptional and perfectly executed. Study the other flower images Adobe Stock images to see what constitutes acceptable quality. It looks like you chose a good time of day to photograph these, and here are some ideas to improve the results: make sure your shutter speed is fast enough to freeze any movement, since outdoor flowers always seem to be moving in the breeze. Steady yourself to avoid any camera movement - get down on your knees if necessary. Make sure the aperture is wide enough to capture the entire bloom that is your focal point. Find the best looking flower in the field; the two you've chosen in the first 2 images above are past their prime. Look at the entire frame around the flowers to see what other elements are distracting from the main flower. In the 2nd image, there is an unsightly spent bloom on the right, and in the 3rd image, there are many distracting elements. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All three images are underexposed (too dark) with some focus problems.  Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own projects.  Compare your work with what other Stock Contributors are doing in the same keyword category.  

See links below.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

It would be a good idea to study composition. The 2nd photo, the flower is cropped too tightly. You need to give it more space. Also you need to read about photo editing/enhancing and how to do it using Lightroom/Photoshop or other editing software that can alter raw files. You should read about using raw instead of JPEG as well.

As for your photos being underexposed, read about using the histogram and what it is. It gives a lot of useful information. For example:

InkedScreenshot 2021-06-28 090030_LI.jpg

The pixels are bunched up on the left = underexposed.

And as a quick example in Photoshop after altering the exposure, gives you this:Screenshot 2021-06-28 090842.png

Although more needs to be done of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines