Exit

Rejected educational images

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I got images rejected with this explanation:

We are looking for imagery intended to illustrate articles on current events and news, focused on conceptual imagery using real brands and products to convey strong ideas.

From other side the artefacts are located in place with entrance fee and by my understanding (of the Adobe rules) they can't be with commersial license and must be educational.

So is this mean Adobe do not want at all ordinary images from museums (for example)?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no “educational” image status on Adobe stock. There is only Illustrative Editorial. Not all assets that are refused as on for commercial use can be accepted as Illustrative Editorial. You should either get a property release or you should move on.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, my images was set to Illustrative Editorial!!! And they got rejected. For the rest see my question.

And your asnwer is pure nagging becasue at the end images marked as Illustrative Editorial become in stock site as Editorial use only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, my images was set to Illustrative Editorial!!! And they got rejected. For the rest see my question.

And your asnwer is pure nagging becasue at the end images marked as Illustrative Editorial become in stock site as Editorial use only

By @rninov

If you read the guidelines and look at what has been accepted, you are right, it's inconsistent. But it's inconsistent the other way around. Your images should have been refused. I'm not nagging, when I get a refusal, I move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the attached image (for Editorial use only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not accept any images that contain people for the Illustrative Editorial collection. Additionally, this image is poorly composed with the statue's head cut off, a parking meter and a person in the background. Read again the requirements for Illustrative Editorial. Photographs must represent "conceptual imagery designed to illustrate articles on current events and newsworthy topics. This type of content often features images of real brands and products — like signs on buildings, soda cans, computers, and cars — to convey a story." Your image does not convey a story related to current events.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill_C,

You repeat the Adobe explanation about current events and newsworthy topics. I understand this. The question is (for example) about painting in gallery (with payed entrance). And Adobe in the past accept these images . But now they reject (some) images from museum.

For example they acceps this, but not accept photo of the roof in the same museum of artefact as map of the distinct.

Which is very inconsistent for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but not accept photo of the roof in the same museum of artefact as map of the distinct.

By @rninov

I wouldn't say that we really could guess the second thought of the moderator, but we can tell you only what is written in the instructions, especially as you are not showing the refused assets.

But having got an accepted asset does not mean that the next asset will also be accepted. There may be a different moderator, and that one decided that the roof is not newsworthy. Moderators got new training. Or there was something else in the picture that got it refused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but not accept photo of the roof in the same museum of artefact as map of the distinct.

By @rninov

I wouldn't say that we really could guess the second thought of the moderator, but we can tell you only what is written in the instructions, especially as you are not showing the refused assets.

But having got an accepted asset does not mean that the next asset will also be accepted. There may be a different moderator, and that one decided that the roof is not newsworthy. Moderators got new training. Or there was something else in the picture that got it refused.

By @Abambo

This start to add meaningful explanations to the subject. And when I compare moderators from other stock agencies I should say Adobe are less consistent. Also the queue of  In review images some time can reach >400 and to have images uploaded more than 40 days a go. I do not say the quality of collection is not good but... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Also the queue of  In review images some time can reach >400 and to have images uploaded more than 40 days a go. I do not say the quality of collection is not good but... 🙂

By @rninov

That's since Adobe accepts generative AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABout the attached image - this is just a example crop to ilustrate something else 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not accept any images that contain people for the Illustrative Editorial collection.

By @Jill_C

That picture has been accepted. But I agree, it should not have been: https://stock.adobe.com/images/statue-of-james-joyce-in-the-street-dublin/452914251

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines