Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Intellectual Property Violation

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These footage have been rejected due to a 'technical problem'. No recognizable person, building, no trademarks logo, no company name, no license plate, no private area. Any idea on what is the problem? (which is royalty free on every other four stock site). Nothing is unique or identifiable.

File ID: 219210914

File ID: 219213044

File ID: 219214895

File ID: 211801379

File ID: 211559143

File ID: 211802189

File ID: 211799064

File ID: 209741844

File ID: 209775735

File ID: 211805684

and more

Képernyőfotó 2018-09-03 - 8.48.12.png

Képernyőfotó 2018-09-03 - 8.48.30.pngKépernyőfotó 2018-09-03 - 8.49.51.png

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Hi zsolts

The bikes seem to be indoor and in a queue, as to be on display. That could be the reason for IP rejection. In any case too much of that image is blurred and the way you crop it would limit its ability to sell. Therefore in my opinion it would be rejected any way for other reasons.

The ferry has what I would consider identifying marks in the form of a color line at the sides. That could be considered a trademark. In addition there is a flag at the top. This might be considered also.

The

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zsolts, The quality of your thumbnail is very poor, therefore I cannot scrutinize it as I would normally do. I believe the rejection was for the presence of the boat which seem to be a private property. I wanted to see if there was any visible writing on it, but the quality is poor. In addition there seem to be people included in some of these images. Therefore before you submit those for commercial use, you need to get releases signed.

If your files contain certain elements that are protected by intellectual property laws, Adobe will not accept them into their collection. For more information, review Legal guidelines. These measures are in place to protect you, their contributor, as well as their customers and Adobe Stock.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‚technical problem‘ is not IP!

Technical problems are listed here: Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to clarify, do you mean IP rights or 'Technical Issues', as in your post you mention technical issues, but your heading is IP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I wrote wrongly, the problem is intellectual property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so as Jacquelin said, your images are rather small to tell, but it will have something to do with logos and recognisable property. Even if you say there are no logos, perhaps the yachts could be recognisable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bikes: no brand, no identification number, no logo

Fishing boat and ferry: one in a millions - no logo, brand, special color, number, recognisable face etc.

Képernyőfotó 2018-09-03 - 18.14.56.png

Képernyőfotó 2018-09-03 - 13.30.35.png

Képernyőfotó 2018-09-03 - 13.29.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zsolts

The bikes seem to be indoor and in a queue, as to be on display. That could be the reason for IP rejection. In any case too much of that image is blurred and the way you crop it would limit its ability to sell. Therefore in my opinion it would be rejected any way for other reasons.

The ferry has what I would consider identifying marks in the form of a color line at the sides. That could be considered a trademark. In addition there is a flag at the top. This might be considered also.

The other boat has a number of colors, and items inside that might be identifying marks.

This you need to take in consideration; if the moderators are not sure, they're going to play safe and reject.

Take a look at these links for further insight tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock

I hope this helps

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the bikes there is a logo on the rim and I see marks on the tire (but I think that is the size only).

Look also for the keywords. They could also be a source for ip refusal.

As for one of the ship pictures I see the ship name. I suppose that the top view also contains something in that sense. I did not look at that one as it is starting to get late at my place. Just only one addition: the flag is I think of what I see a Netherlands flag and that would not be part of ip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pictures can‘t be analysed as they are too small and anyhow only showing the sware thumbnail. Some IP refusals come because of the form or colour of an object. I would guess that yellow-green is John Deere.

May be the yacht is the same problem, may be you left out a smal logo somewhere. Same for the bikes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

"Some IP refusals come because of the form or colour of an object."

Can you please explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Coke bottle for example, the John Deere colours on tractors and the like, London taxis...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are referring to specific patented color patterns of trademarks or Logos, but not colors in general? You're not suggesting that IP documents are required for any object that is red, white, green or yellow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jacquelingphoto2017  wrote

You're not suggesting that IP documents are required for any object that is red, white, green or yellow?

No, but John Deere tractors are green yellow, so agriculture machines in green/yellow will be refused on the colour basis.

Look for John Deere here: Known image restrictions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any logo on the bike -so I'm not sure what Abambo is referring to. I would suspect that as Jacquelin says, the bikes seem to be in a bike shop, part of a display, so this would require a release from the store owner. Did you take this in a bike shop, sports shop? If so, you have your answer. As far as the ferries, well, they are property, so even though they might be generic, a property release may be required. At least for Adobe Stock anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FA106CB5-2E38-4AB2-970A-E451211F659E.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bikes have a unique design which is certainly is protected. Same goes for the Harvester as far as I can see in that resolution. And the field is private property and will most likely need a property release. The ship is owned by a company and is easily recognized by people who know about it. All the images should be submitted as editorials and Adobe does not offer that possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.

The bikes do not have a unique recognizable design. At least not one that I recognize.

The field can be anywhere, the harvester is not to recognize, but the green/yellow is clearly John Deere design. Changing the colour will get those passing.

As for the ship, it is possible to get ships passing, but all marks recognizing the ship should be edited out.

It may be, however, that there is a problem with drone pictures, but I doubt. At least the pictures not being drones will pass, when the problems have been edited out.

As for older pictures, they are leftovers from times where the rules where not that tight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never got a photo of ships onto Adobe. Even with no logos, brands or ship names! Their criteria seems to be inconsistent, for instance, if you search Maserati on Adobe Stock you will get several Maserati Trident badges and emblems which are clearly branded/copyrighted but still allowed! Not sure how that works!

Try selling your images elsewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right, Steve. There are (good) images herethat certainly not should be here if Adobe was following their own rules .. ! I just looked up and there are also images of harvesters that ought not to be here. Maybe they are from the ‘old’ Fotolia days ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stevem

There are a number of images that were inherited from Fotolia that are in conflict with the current guidelines of Adobe and are still visible on the site. These will be removed over time. Get more details from Re: Copyright/Intellectual Property Question .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines