• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for technical issue

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

collage-002.jpgVery clean, sharp hi resolution. It has large dots in a moray pattern on the chair. This was intentionally done to give the fabric texture.

Its pretty obvious these are reviewed by a software robot that automaticly rejects anything that puts up a red flag i.e. large dot pattern.

Very frustrating these a re getting rejected for no reason whatsoever. I have nearly 500 very good professional illustrations but will have to look for other options and post on other illo sites.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

camw56987481  wrote

Its pretty obvious these are reviewed by a software robot that automaticly rejects anything that puts up a red flag i.e. large dot pattern.

The review process is done by humans.

Neither Joan nor Jacqueline nor I am Adobe embloyees. We are contributors like you.

Moderators have a limited set of reasons they may use to reject pictures and they have no freedom to give individual hints on what exactly was the element in the picture that triggered the rejection. This ensures a quick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, This photo and its textures cannot be easily adapted to general use by a stock buyer. Reviews are performed by human reviewers. If you were working for an ad company they would order this for a specific client after consultation with the client. The technical issue is that you have too many technical things that would need to be taken out or redone. It is possible composition is a problem also. This is a learning process - try submitting a few simple pieces of your art and see what happens. Best regards, JH

Where to find Free Adobe Tutorials

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there would be absolutely no issues in printing this piece.

Composition is completely subjective, nothing wrong with the composition what so ever.

Subject matter is broad. Expensive furniture, overpriced product, high cost of living, ect. ect.

Nothing wrong with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So camw56987481 where are we now? You disagree with the reviewer at Adobe. If you wish to participate with Adobe stock you will need to learn all you can about Adobe. Or not. Do as you prefer. Best always, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi camw

Starting with the chair at the forefront. The price tag should not be there. It limits your sales potential. The next thing is the halo around the inner section of the handle. That should not be there. Your edges need to be distinct and sharp. There is also the matter of what appears to be a direct light source hitting the left arm of the chair. That too is a problem. The copping should be as such, the entire chair is in the picture. You should not have some of the legs faded, or cut off. The background chairs should not form part of the foreground chair image. These are some of the technical issues I identify.

Your images should be very flexible for users. Customers should have the option of cropping out sections of your photos and use them in different project. This image, apparently an edited composition, does not have that flexibility.

I hope you found this helpful

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

camw56987481  wrote

The review process is done by humans.

Neither Joan nor Jacqueline nor I am Adobe embloyees. We are contributors like you.

Moderators have a limited set of reasons they may use to reject pictures and they have no freedom to give individual hints on what exactly was the element in the picture that triggered the rejection. This ensures a quick acceptance/rejection rate, but leaves the use pretty in the dark of why his individual image has been rejected.

This is pretty the same with all stock providers but Adobe is especially picky on what they accept.

In your case there may be more than one reason to refuse the image, most have been layed out by Jacqueline and Joan in an expertly manner.

Now reasons that I see to refuse your artwork:

• cropping: the picture is cropped in a manner that does not allow the buyer to do much more with your picture. He or she cannot adapt the cropping very much to a larger format or a smaller format.
  • The price tag should definitively kept blanc. I’m in Euro-land and in the Decimal-comma-land. Millions of potential viewers cannot identify themselves with this pricetag. As you use extensively transparency, if will be very difficult and time consuming to edit the pricetag to something useful (my pov as a potential buyer).
  • Your extensive use of transparency and shadows may be artisticly apealing but makes this quite difficult to use as stock image to give the buyer the potential to modify the image to his needs. If it takes more time to modify than to recreate, the buyer will skip no this.

As the execution of your artwork is your artistic freedom, refusal of your artwork is Adobe’s priviledge.

You see, the pattern may even not be the reason of refusal. I do honestly not think that the pattern would have led any moderator to refuse this picture.

You are free to use also different stock providers and I‘m sure that you will get acceptance of your pictures with one or the other. You may even generate sales with such an image.

What I do is that I submit in parallel to different stock providers. Different providers — different refusals...

Have a nice day!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines