• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please provide feedback on why it was rejected. Too much color??  Thanks!

DSC02716.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

A nice picture, I love it.

But for the refusal: My guess is the white balance and the huge totally overexposed areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice picture, I love it.

But for the refusal: My guess is the white balance and the huge totally overexposed areas.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, the over exposed area was I'll say, necessary for sake of the image type, but ended up looking fitting in the end result. I feel like the white balance is pretty true to form on this one, don't recall exactly, but looking at the colors I think I just pulled up the saturation a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with stock images is that images may be artistically great, but unfit for stock usage as they do not allow the buyer to modify at their needs.

And a large overexposed area (which is btw a separate refusal point) should never be part of stock.

I too, I have great pictures but they got refused with similar statements. If they do not pass, I move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand the perspective of artistic versus sellable so thanks for the feedback. This image is certainly one that is hard to make it fit something else. I think I'm still trying to submit work and understand the reasons for rejections as it's frustrating to see images rejected with such generic reasons (i.e. technical issues) and just think....."what in the world does that mean and how do I improve????" Just trying to learn  and improve the marketability of my images .

Ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 600+ pics in stock for 150+ rejects. At the beginning rejections are quite often, but when you know where to look than the rejection rate will go down rapidly. For my first 200 accepted images I got probably around 100 rejections. My last 100 pictures got accepted with very few rejections because now I pay attention to each detail. You get used to...

One of my pictures got uploaded 2 times before I got acceptance for the third one. Each time I modified a small bit and uploaded again.

If you can't figure out what's wrong, ask here. There are some regular users here with very good experience levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines