• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Reasons

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I new to Adobe Stock and Stock photography in general. I know I might not have the "style" of stock photography that's going to sell bucket loads of images if any at all but I'm here to somewhat sharpen and advance my technical side.

Ive had this images rejected for Technical issues. I think it's based on Exposure and the loss of detail in the shadows and blacks.

Could you tell if I'm right or can you see more technical issues with this image.

Thanks in advance

LRM_EXPORT_20180807_194758.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should submit in colour, not B&W. Buyers can do their own version of the image.

Have a read of this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for…

Look at the top of the Contributor page and follow the links. The links give a lot of helpful advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Technical issues' in this case being that it's in B&W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition there is a logo in the bg. Would also have been refused for IP violation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually think it's the framing... I'm guessing the triangular things are the main subject, but there seems to be a lot of building in the background... maybe recrop the image or blur those buildings a little in post. The first triangle is cut off though.. it's like the architectural/concrete version of cutting off someone's foot from a portrait

People on here say don't submit B&W, but I've had loads of B&W accepted. So long as it's not over arty (too much grain or contrast etc.), i don't think they mind... unless colour adds to the shot of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also an exposure problem in this picture.

And if my personal and really unqualified and subjective feeling on the picture is of value: I do not see what it is representing. I’m missing the story.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an allegory about Toblerones and how they increased the space between segments. Obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines