• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected, Image Out of Focus

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This picture was rejected for being out of focus.  I'm not sure what happened because I have inspected this picture a 400% and it is perfectly sharp.  However, when I uploaded it, it looked small and the thumbnail looked like it had been blown up 1000% and of course then looked horrible.Montonvers.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

I think it is sharp enough as well. I can't really see any part that is out of focus per say. However, to play the devil's advocate, just maybe the reviewer (bearing in mind they don't have so much time to analyse each photo carefully - I suppose) was thinking about the trees...

cropMontonvers.jpg

There needs to be some reason for them to chose out of focus...it kinda looks a bit blurry...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello seanc35518818,

I understand your question. When I look at it on my computer screen it looks like a very good photograph. Although the center - distance area of it is soft and not sharp, that is natural. I am not a professional photographer but an illustrator who takes photographs into some of my work. I will suggest    Best regards, JH

MatHayward   Staff  or   Abambo comment on this.

MatHayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanh22203655 got it right. It‘s a great panorama that I would like to be in my portfolio. Mat needs to look into this. For me it‘s perfectly fitting the needs. Let‘s wait for Mat‘s advice.

I can only speculate as I really do not know how the data is checked. As Mat confirmed that all checking is done by humans, I suppose that they have tools at their disposal and that the tool mismatched the clouds or concentrated on the center.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar experience with a nice panorama that was accepted elsewhere. After I uploaded it to Adobe, the thumbnail looked really horrible. I could tell it would be rejected for being out of focus, and that was exactly what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uploaded panoramas as well and they've appeared blurry on the thumbnail, but the original was in focus and was accepted. I've got a few and they've all been accepted. On my portfolio, the photo is in focus, so I don't think that the upload made the quality worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ricky336  wrote

I don't think that the upload made the quality worse.

My guess is that Adobe does even ot re-encode the original picture. Adobe just cleans out the exif what is a nondestructive operation.

Thumbnails on the upload side look horrible as they do not need to look pretty and the operation to create them that way is cheap in terms of processing and storage.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is sharp enough as well. I can't really see any part that is out of focus per say. However, to play the devil's advocate, just maybe the reviewer (bearing in mind they don't have so much time to analyse each photo carefully - I suppose) was thinking about the trees...

cropMontonvers.jpg

There needs to be some reason for them to chose out of focus...it kinda looks a bit blurry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines