Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Images from Graininess?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have noticed that I'm getting images rejected due to "graininess". In these shots, the subject is tack sharp, however there is a very shallow depth of field.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks very much

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Hello Slow Ride Photography, Sounds as though you could benefit from reading and using all of the Adobe Guidelines for stock contributors. There is so much information for you there. One photo and one answer from the forum will not do as much good for your work as studying all of the information supplied by Adobe. Adobe has even posted information about new stock market trends. Excellence in all areas is required in all submitted work.

The customer demand for stock photo work is carefully resear

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen rejections as this in an excessive way. I have had some rejections where, having a second look, I could agree. Others where more or less grainy so refusal could be ok.

Without seeing the picture, we can't however judge for this specific case, but I suppose that was not the question.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll see what else happens. A lot of my work is shallow DOF. I will give the rejected pics a deep zoom and see if I'm missing something. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should look at your pictures at 100%. Please note that sometimes fine structures are also misinterpreted as noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had another rejected. Low depth of field and a misty, foggy morning. Do you know...  Is it humans or a computer that determines this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Slow Ride Photography, Sounds as though you could benefit from reading and using all of the Adobe Guidelines for stock contributors. There is so much information for you there. One photo and one answer from the forum will not do as much good for your work as studying all of the information supplied by Adobe. Adobe has even posted information about new stock market trends. Excellence in all areas is required in all submitted work.

The customer demand for stock photo work is carefully researched and the results are used to create Adobe market and guidelines. Get to know the market. Here is a place to start. We are all constantly learning about the rapidly changing market in stock art. Best regards, JH

To learn more about the reasons why certain images are declined, including technical issues, please visit this page: https://www.adobe.com/go/stock-contributor-help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To SRP, We have been assured that the final review and acceptance or rejection of a stock offering is handled by humans. Most of us ACPs have asked and been asked this question many times. The reply is always the same HUMANS.

While rejection here is difficult it is like any other entry into art or photo exhibits, you work will go through a jury. In this case, the "jurying" or review is by Adobe expert staff.

Here is more information for your benefit furnished by Adobe to stock contributors. Kind regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Slow+Ride+Photography  wrote

Just had another rejected. Low depth of field and a misty, foggy morning. Do you know...  Is it humans or a computer that determines this?

I have a bunch of such images in my portfolio. I even recently submitted a nice sunrise picture at a foggy morning. Without seeing the image, we cannot judge the picture. My experience is however that when I pay attention to the most common errors, I get the picture through.

And yes, the moderators are humans, but they have probably tools at their hand to check faults in those images. I would do so at least as moderators need to go fast. But each image is checked individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines