• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Photos--Critique Please--What Could I have done better?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAHands2.jpgBirdinsnow.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bokehbabe,

I like the bird except for the missing legs. Where are its legs? I believe this is a technical issue rejection. Both images are over exposed. The hands is lacking contrast.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Lol, the legs are in the snow. I didn't even realize the legs were missing 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BakehBabe,

You need to use a photo editor to reduce the highlights, and possibly whites. When you make these adjustments, you might need to recover the exposure, but I should be able to see that the bird's legs are in something.

Do the same for the hand, and see how it comes out. I suspect that might need little more technical adjustments, such as HSL, and/or curves adjustments.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear BokehBabe,

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yours. NO plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of multiple possible rejection reasons.

I am not an Adobe employee nor anybody to convince you about anything, I am just a volunteering dude trying to help people blowing off some steam when their work is rejected.

In other words, trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully will produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

Vences

92ED1E65-8D7C-4FAF-AC58-D4A4733EA547.jpegFCAA49C2-1F21-4E7F-88D6-87E81D0BA7B4.jpeg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. For some reason I have a hard time getting things to focus. My eyes seem to be the issue lol. I did not even notice the water droplets. The bird is actually standing in the snow on my deck table. I shot it through glass which explains a lot of the issues.

As for the hands, I did not see that the area was overexposed until you pointed it out. I will have to pay extra attention to my focus from now on. I can redo this photo. It's my best friend so she is up for 'modeling' anytime 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines