• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REJECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I come here because I took about 40 photos with phrases made by me with a wooden background and all were rejected and I do not know why.

I see in other photos of different styles that do the same, but they are for sale.

You can help me and tell me what the PI error is

dejo foto de muestra

gracias 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

The characters have numbers on and the tiles are like scrabble tiles. They will be refused each time on IP reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

In the United States, HASBRO, Inc. owns the Scrabble trademark.  In most other parts of the world, Mattel, Inc. owns the Scrabble trademark.  Therefore, you can't use those game tiles in commercial images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If a photo contains any made object (created by or designed by humans), less than 100 years old, it needs a property release. 

2. The wood background seems generic (assuming it is real wood, not a printed design), and needs no release.

3 .You would (in theory) need a propery release signed by the maker of the letter tiles. (If you made them, the rule is the same, how could Adobe know this without a release?)

4. HOWEVER, the tiles are clearly an unauthorized copy of the design used in the game Scrabble. (This is easy to see, the game scores are on each tile). You would need a property release from the owners of the Scrabble game AND one signed by the maker of the tiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The characters have numbers on and the tiles are like scrabble tiles. They will be refused each time on IP reasons.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias , como siempre es un gusto charlar con ustedes, se aprende siempre 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the United States, HASBRO, Inc. owns the Scrabble trademark.  In most other parts of the world, Mattel, Inc. owns the Scrabble trademark.  Therefore, you can't use those game tiles in commercial images.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The existing images in Adobe Stock that feature numbered Scrabble tiles and/or playing boards are marked "Editorial Only"; only invited Stock Contributors are permitted to submit Editorial images. There are many other images using generic letter tiles (without the game points indicated), so I assume if you purchased a set of un-numbered generic tiles you could reshoot the images. I suppose you could also edit out the numbers on your existing images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an alternative to game tiles, I have seen words formed by wooden children's blocks from the dollar store and also cut up paper letters. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias a todos por sus comentarios. Vuelvo a decir lo mismo , con este foro me encuentro muy apoyado y nunca me siento solo. gracias gracias por perder el tiempo en explicarme. Espero algun dia aprender tanto como ustedes y poder ayudar a los demas. GRACIAS A TODOS

Thank you all for your comments. I say the same thing again, with this forum I find myself very supported and I never feel alone. thanks thanks for wasting time explaining. I hope one day to learn as much as you and to be able to help others. THANKS TO ALL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines