• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Release form needed.... for a cow?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently uploaded a video of a cow. It's not accepted yet but under the "reminder tab" saying I need to upload a Release form. Now I'm guessing / hoping this is some kind of bug. I mean, should I really ask the cow to release a form or what's going on here?

Should I just reupload it?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

I checked the clip, the ear tags in the cow are clearly visible and as noted by Ricky, they serve to identify the property owner. A property release signed by the owner of the cow is required for this clip to be licensed for commercial use. In addition, the tags likely identify the barn the cow is in so you will likely need a release for the barn also. 

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a release form is asked it is needed. It may depend on the subject and environment. It may also well be that it has been asked by error. It's difficult to advice, not having seen the image.

(I'm moving this to the stock contributor forum)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Livestock often have a registered brand on their side that identifies the ranch they belong to.   If the brand is visible in your photo, you would need a signed release from the ranch owner (not the cow).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OR, in other countries, the animal - cow - (if not an American cow 😃) will have an ear tag, with a number. If this is the case, then it comes under property - as it is owned by someone - you need a release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reupload, without providing a requested release, this will automatically be detected, and you may be automatically blocked to avoid using moderator time. Suggest you show us the picture. If it's a video, a still maybe. Consider carefully anything else in the picture, even by accident: recognisable buildings? Cars? Human clothing? Trash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the clip, the ear tags in the cow are clearly visible and as noted by Ricky, they serve to identify the property owner. A property release signed by the owner of the cow is required for this clip to be licensed for commercial use. In addition, the tags likely identify the barn the cow is in so you will likely need a release for the barn also. 

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for taking the time to check this for me Mat! Looks like I've learned something new today. Too bad I'm going to have to delete it then.

It's funny though, every farmer I meet sees the tag as a necessity and I have yet to meet a farmer who doesn't want his/ her cows on film (as long as they look healthy). Letting them sign release forms however might be a different story. Pity. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Farmers are more used to forms and red tape than you might imagine. And the reason tags are a necessity in many countries is that there are very large fines for not having them... even losing them accidentally (the reason cows often have two)... https://www.farminguk.com/news/nfu-cymru-seeks-assembly-dispensation-on-penalties-for-missing-ear-ta...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is all about identification. Cows have numbers just like us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines