• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Royalty Adjustment

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some contributors received higher royalties than they were entitled to due to a technical error. Many of you received an email stating that the issue affected sales on February 12, but the correct time period was February 6 - 13. We have adjusted the royalties of the affected contributors and the current balance of available payout for all contributors is accurate on Adobe Stock and Fotolia. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are actively working on addressing the Adobe Stock contributor portal to reflect any negative adjustments in the earnings details.

As soon as we have updated information we will share it with you.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I got this message, but in my account I'll not see my balance - all my new sells are not reflect on my account. How I can get information about my current balance and for what images I got more money than  I should?

Vadim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vadim

You can check your sales by going to insight on your page.

1. On the top black menu bar, click on Insight
  2. On the new page below the black menu bar, click on My Statistics
  3. In the left column of the new page under Select Period select February 6th 2019, for the first date and February 13th 2019 for the second date.
  4. Then click Display Statistics

All sales information for that period will display - images sold and earnings.

If you want to check for other periods, just change the dates and click display statistics.

If you need further help pleas let us know.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't exactly very useful to this specific issue

Does this currently show the overpaid royalty earnings or the now corrected (reduced) earning royalties?

Why can't AdobeStock provide a detailed breakdown for each and every sale that they are claiming was subject to an overpaid royalty earning showing the correct earnings, the overpaid earnings, and the difference between the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand you being disgruntled. But not being corporative is not going to make it easier. One wise man said you cannot council without accurate knowledge. The same is true in this case.

You said,

"Yes I have requested a payment. However, the email I have received says that AdobeStock are cancelling any pending payment request." You did not say when you made the request. That's a question I asked.

I also asked "Are you suggesting that you check your statistics and it is showing an incorrect adjustment?"

I'm not seeing the answer to that question.

You should be able to deduct from the statistic if there is an outstanding amount that cannot be accounted for; if the amount is equal to, or more than what you requested.

I ask these question because the negative balance is suggesting that the amount you requested is paid. It takes a few days after request for you to get the amount. I would also believe that depending on the stage of processing/payout will determine if you'll get the payment or if it was stopped. Saying when you made the request might also be helpful to determine if the payment is still on its way.

If you want us to be helpful, you have to be corporative, and helpful yourself. That will make it easier for you to get all your answers in shorter time.

In other words, if you did answer all my questions, I'd not be sending you this reply, and all your answers would be available in short order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree... you cannot council without accurate knowledge.

This issue is entirely of AdobeStock's making. I played no part in their accounting errors.

And I am totally clueless because AdobeStock has chosen not to clearly explain exactly what is going on. You can't blame contributors for being confused.

First of all I got an email addressed to #firstname #lastname - not exactly filling you with confidence that they are dealing with this seriously.

Secondly I received 2 emails indicating two separate negative adjustments to my available payout balance and my current payout balance is negative.

It also stated the following:

Please note, if you requested a payout which is still pending, we are cancelling the request and credit the amount back to your account.

I clearly stated I had requested a payment. I believe I did this Feb 12 - if that helps. This has not yet been paid. There is zero indication of the status of this payment anywhere but based on the emails I received I'm assuming the payment has been cancelled but my balance clearly has not yet been credited to reflect this.... but who knows maybe they have and made an error on this also - AdobeStock have not sent me an email confirming anything regarding this payment request.

So how exactly am I supposed to definitively know if an incorrect adjustment has been made? When I don't know the status of my most recent payment request and I don't know what my earnings balance was before deductions were made and if the currently displayed earnings for each file have already been corrected to reflect deductions or if they are the incorrect, overpaid earnings. There is no consistency in the data that AdobeStock is presenting. Hence my request for clear, unambiguous data. If they had provided this from the get-go, none of this confusion would have occurred.

And to be blaming contributors for being confused and not 'helping themselves' when this issue is all a result of AdobeStock's error is a little galling. Turning the tables on contributors for supposedly not answering your questions clearly when it is in fact AdobeStock's communication from the outset that has been lacking... if everything was clear from their end to begin with I wouldn't have to be wasting my time in these forums seeking clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you answer my question?

Is the sales information in the 'My Statistics' section showing the correctly adjusted earning (with deductions of overpaid royalties already made) or are these the incorrect royalty earnings that still have to have the overpayment removed from them?

How do we check the status of our most recent payment request? Do I assume that it has been cancelled? When will my balance reflect the credit for a cancelled payment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The statistics shows your earnings before tax on the extreme right.

You're given the time period

Follow the above instruction to isolate the period.

Add the total. That will give you the amount you earned for that week.

You know the amount you requested.

At the top right of the page click on "Payment History". That will give you the date payout was made, the method, and amount.

And also your total earnings is available.

I don't thin that is lack of transparency, and I don't think that's difficult to calculate so that you can know if more is taken than should.

I've worked with large and small industries. Errors do happen from time to time. That does not give rise to lack of confidence in a company when they do admit to the error and provide you with application/method to double check.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a company makes an accounting error and deducts earnings from a supplier they have a duty to provide absolutely clear and concise data to show that supplier exactly how they arrived at their calculations and to instill confidence in their supplier. I don't know of any company that would just tell a supplier - we made a mistake and we're deducting X amount of dollars from your account... you go check  yourself that we haven't made any more errors on correcting the error we already made. Bizarre!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions. I'm in the process of directing your concerns where it reaches the attention of staff members. You'll be updated further. Thanks for your corporation and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've escalated your concerns. You should be contacted within two day. Otherwise, please update this thread so that I can do a follow-up.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacquelin.

I have received a very clear email from Mat Hayward in Contributor Relations, apologizing for the format of the emails and the confusion they caused as well as explaining unambiguously AdobeStock's accounting.

He confirmed my most recent payment has been cancelled and my available earning balance has been credited.

It's also worth noting that the initial emails did not quote a currency for the figures. My account is in GB pounds and Mat was smart enough to quote the figures in US dollars. This was one of the biggest reasons for the confusion.

Adobe should take this incident as an opportunity to learn from their mistakes. Had the initial emails that were sent out been as clear and unambiguous as the one I just received from Mat none of this confusion would have occurred. It should never be the 'job' of contributors to have to investigate and double check that errors made by AdobeStock are corrected properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome Lazy. I am glad everything worked out well, and it was a pleasure being able to help.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

American companies sometimes forget that there is "the rest of the world"! 🙂 Thanks for updating this thread with some very useful information.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if its an American company issue, or an issue of a general growing trend of sloppy customer service. In my younger days, the days of "Receptionist" they had to be properly trained to face the public. Office clerks had to be trained to respond to customers' queries. There was less queries because customer relations was important, and better - your job depended on it. Since the abandonment of those fine job titles and the advent of the more modern job titles with less training, and also in other cases, the reduced interaction between company personnel and customers, problems as Lazy's and others has become more prevalent. Or is it a case of America gradually training the world? I too have a lot of that kind of customer service dealing with locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The receptionist at my company speaks 5 languages fluently.

And yes, without getting to much into details, America is leading the pace...and we (the rest of the world) are eager to follow... 🙂

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come I've ended up with a negative balance?

If you supposedly removed what you added in error then you shouldn't be taking away even more?

Something is very wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LazyLlamaphotos

Are you suggesting that you check your statistics and it is showing an incorrect adjustment?

Am I correct to conclude that you did not request payment from your royalty during the error period, before it was discover, or at any time at all?

If you did at any time request a payment, without divulging details, can you say the last time it was?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Yes I have requested a payment. However, the email I have received says that AdobeStock are cancelling any pending payment request.

My concern is the appalling lack of clarity in communications from AdobeStock.

What is going on with my pending payment? Has it indeed been canceled? If so - adjust my balance accordingly.

Provide a detailed breakdown of these supposed 'overpaid royalties' and when they occurred.

This lack of transparency regarding errors made by AdobeStock is insulting to contributors.

I was expecting a payment to have been made by now.... goodness knows when AdobeStock will get their act together and be in a position to pay my royalties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LazyLlamaphotos, I am impressed with your dedication to finding answers and keeping calm. The exchange here is very valuable and should be reviewed by management. Hopefully, changes are in the wind. Kind regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines