Exit

SIMILAR IMAGE(S) ALREADY SUBMITTED

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is for JG

Hi Mr, or Ms JG.
Thank you time and willingness to answer my question.
I would like to show the rejected pictures because of SIMILAR PICTURES ....
In my private collection there are over a hundred pictures of Fire Hydrants  of different colors, shapes etc.,
so I thought to posting some of them (see Attached) and same with the clouds. They are amazing and endless
shapes and colors. REJECTED my second one because of  SIMILAR PICTURES ....
I understand it's not in your power to change this situation, just sharing my concerns with you, that such a great company 
can also have stupid rules.
Thank you
and best wishes.
Soyher

(Solomon Kraner)
P.S. Files intentionally reduced size.Hydrant-21.jpgHydrant-26.jpgHydrant-40.jpgSunset thrue the Clouds.jpgCloud Fantasy.jpg
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

To add into what Test_Screen_Name says: images will also be marked "similar" when there is an abundant number of such pictures in the stock data base. So the pictures need to have a "wow" effect, they need to be outstanding to get accepted. But there is also a time factor. If you submit 20 sky pictures at once, you may be sure to get 18 refused as similar. If you submit them in the course of the time, they will slip through more easily. However, you should avoid spamming the portfolio with lowe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Stupid rules" are there to make Adobe money. I think you may need to adjust your expectations of Adobe stock. They have no reason or plan to let you use Stock to make collections. Your question suggests you may think of it as some kind of gallery or portfolio.  But no, it is a commercial service. Adobe take images because they think they can make money with them. So, can you see a commercial reason for people to need a wide choice of similar images of fire hydrants? I know the colours and streets are different, but how many images like this does the image buyer need?  Also, if you submit a collection all at once you are sure to fail! You would need to submit a few, then allow Adobe time to see if there is a commercial interest. If the images are licensed many times, they may want more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking time and for such detailed answer. 

First of all I appologaes for my anger tone. I really had a different accpectation of the way Adobe 

is conducting the business.  Will try to ajust my postings in the future.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add into what Test_Screen_Name says: images will also be marked "similar" when there is an abundant number of such pictures in the stock data base. So the pictures need to have a "wow" effect, they need to be outstanding to get accepted. But there is also a time factor. If you submit 20 sky pictures at once, you may be sure to get 18 refused as similar. If you submit them in the course of the time, they will slip through more easily. However, you should avoid spamming the portfolio with lower quality images of one kind, as this would inevitably trigger customer complaints and so action against your portfolio.

The foremost aim of Adobe stock is to offer the customers an abundant choice of high quality images of all kind. That you are able to submit is only secondary (even if it is an important part of getting a growing database of pictures...).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking time and explaining the mistakes by my own missleading of the Adobe concepts.

I appologes for using anger, inappropriate expration. Was just frastrated because of lack of understanding the Adobe business.

I REALLY appreciate the way you and Test_Screen_Name explained me my wrong view of Adobe.

I'm not a Master Photographer at all and not so artistic, but view, like you said, Adobe as a gullery site that united amateurs and professionals.

Good Luck and success !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock is a business and not a galley site. If you want gallery sites, there are a bunch out to post your pictures:

• flickr
  • 500px
  • fotocommunity

May be someone can complement this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You ARE an adobe employee because you Always think they're right when they may not be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting definition of "employee". When can I expect my pay cheque?

When we post to help out stock subscribers, and we tell people what Adobe are likely to accept and reject, we don't necessarily agree with Adobe. But what we do all agree on is that Adobe Stock is THEIRS and THEY MAKE THE RULES. We try to help people understand the rules, which are for Adobe's benefit, not ours. If you want to be a supplier to Adobe you have to learn what they want. Or find somewhere else. The choice is simple, and you have no right of appeal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not their employee so you have to challenge them if they are wrong They ARE wrong in my case because they rejected my images for similars which I don't have in my port at all. I sent the image I.Ds to them.

{I am NOT starting a new post on this subject when someone else has, this happens with another forum they can answer the post for years} On Shutterstock people disagree with what they do all the time.

Adobe is trying to delay people getting to the payment threshold that's why they reject so many images I'm sure of it. I would like to leave but I am not at the payment threshold so I would lose the small amount that I earned so far. So why should they keep my money?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" You are not their employee so you have to challenge them if they are wrong "  

No I don't have to do that. You do seem to have a different view of obligations than I do..

Because I don't work for Adobe I am free to criticise them. But I don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@duns123 wrote:

Adobe is trying to delay people getting to the payment threshold that's why they reject so many images I'm sure of it. 

That would be a very dumb strategy. And indeed, since I started as a contributor, Adobe lowered the threshold for payouts from $50 to $25. So you will reach it easyer.

You think you are important to Adobe as a contributor? I don't see myself as an important part in the chain. Adobe's aim is to attrackt paying customers to stock. Therefore they need high quality contributions. If you supply them, you are welcome. If not, someone else will do.

BTW: Adobe makes more money with successfull contributors, therefore they really would like you to be successful. If you get a certain amount of sales per year, they will pay you a CC subscription. It's up to you to accept that offer by producing high quality unique content. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are really trying to wind me up, aren't YOU? 

1] Yes, I am important to adobe just like EVERY contributor that sells anything is important. I am qualified for a start at least in part. ARE YOU?  (there are ex-designers who are now photographers) But Adobe is making it extremely difficult to produce enough quality content. such as having to clone out EVERY unreadable logo which cannot be even seen at 100%. I am NOT a pixel peeper and NEVER have been. Remember we don't get paid for this unless the picture sells.

Rejecting for similars when they are not anything remotely similar in my port. I can produce enough quality content for other sites but Adobe seems to think they are better or upmarket when they are ONLY microstock..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they change the rules as they go along so how the hell can we know what they are half the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an interesting definition of "employee". When can I expect my pay cheque?

When we post to help out stock subscribers, and we tell people what Adobe are likely to accept and reject, we don't necessarily agree with Adobe. But what we do all agree on is that Adobe Stock is THEIRS and THEY MAKE THE RULES. We try to help people understand the rules, which are for Adobe's benefit, not ours. If you want to be a supplier to Adobe you have to learn what they want. Or find somewhere else. The choice is simple, and you have no right of appeal.

By @Test Screen Name

No right of appeal so Adobe is a dictatorship now? But I know they're wrong in my case & can prove it. Seriously it costs money to produce the images that they most want I believe yet they don't have to pay upfront for them. Adobe has a very good deal at the expense of contributors ie not having to pay for images unless they sell (as do the other sites) but at least on SS, I have a good chance of cashing out. By the way, I've been with Alamy since Oct 2019 and not had ONE image rejected since Dec 2019. I don't even think adobe knows what they want as they have only been in stock for a few years. I took photos at Art school in the 80s a long time before I'd even heard of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trained in design and graduated in the 1980s so if designers are the customers on adobe (not entirely sure) I think I'd have a pretty good idea of what they wanted but I have no money to produce that kind of work. This is the problem with this system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines