Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some questions about ownership / license in drawing

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm very new to Adobe Stock. So I would like to know more about...

1) if the drawing that I upload to Adobe Stock is the drawing of my own Original Character / OC , am I still have the full ownership / license in that character ?

2) same question as number 1) but change from "Original Character" into "Original Story" (like, an illustration or comic page)

3) can I upload Fan Art in Adobe Stock (for example, if I draw Geralt from The Witcher, or Spiderman, can I upload here?)

Sorry for my bad English, and thank you for reading and answers

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fung_Zuiren,

You continue to have all rights to works uploaded to Adobe Stock, provided they are your origninal creattion, and not that of another. Pleease refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html and all the links therein.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much JG , for your answer and the link. I’ll definitely read all of it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fan art is by definition using someone else's intellectual property. You would need an intellectual property release. The owner is unlikely to agree to you making money from it, but you can try.

I am not sure this is the sort of thing Adobe Stock is looking for, but you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I kind of thinking like you that it’s someone else’s intellectual property, so I think I can’t. But just asking to make sure my understanding is correct. Thank for your answer. ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Fung_Zuiren, Here is the reply I found for your questions. If you do not find enough information - write this person another note here. Best always, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines