Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Error?

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_0094.jpg

I need help with determining what technical error this shot has. 2nd question... Is there another way to get my image to this thread without exporting to computer? The link from within the rejection section is not working properly. Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Hi,

Your white balance is completely out - hence the deep yellow and green colour cast. If you use Lightroom, and took this in raw, you can fix the white balance.Otherwise, if you use Adobe Photoshop and took this in JPEG, you can use the Camera Raw Filter to make adjustments.

DSC_0094colourcast.jpg

I've made a quick adjustment to show how you can get reduce the colour cast. (Decreasing the temp slider to more blue and increasing the tint slider to more magenta.) I used Camera Raw Filter, but there are other methods as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi templedance

It would appear your image is oversaturated. The water seem to be unnaturally yellow. While editing is allowed by Adobe, it should be done inconspicuously. Otherwise will let the image appear to be unnatural. Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock will give some insight about technical issues.

Once an image is rejected it is removed, or deleted by the moderators. What you see is a thumbnail copy for the purpose of reference, hence it is working as it should. To upload, you'll need to go to the critique page on the website and upload your image via the upload portal provided as you did here.

Regard

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the path to submission w/o export and your valued opinion on the shot. I will watch balance and color. Onward.... thanks, again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome templedance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your white balance is completely out - hence the deep yellow and green colour cast. If you use Lightroom, and took this in raw, you can fix the white balance.Otherwise, if you use Adobe Photoshop and took this in JPEG, you can use the Camera Raw Filter to make adjustments.

DSC_0094colourcast.jpg

I've made a quick adjustment to show how you can get reduce the colour cast. (Decreasing the temp slider to more blue and increasing the tint slider to more magenta.) I used Camera Raw Filter, but there are other methods as well. You can also reduce the highlights a bit.However, in my personal opinion, I don't think it is worth resubmitting. There are some other problems as well, but the 'technical issues' (colour cast) are the most obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your detailed critique. White balance is one thing I'm working on diligently..but seemed to have missed its importance in this shot. Since I shot this I started shooting RAW and will have more flexibility. Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice picture btw. Ask your models next time to turn around and smile into the camera.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lol.. nice to have a laugh when thick into editing and pleasing Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines