• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issue query

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, only new to this forum and seeking some advice please. Below photo has been rejected due to 'technical issues'. I have had a look at the most common rejection reasons and believe the shallow depth of field is ok, and rock wall is level, so any advice on other points of rejection that you can see would be appreciated, so I can improve. Thanks in advance, Susan

37120156785_7dff3ca8c7_o.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

I think your main issue is that the whole picture is not sharp. Looking at your metadata that came with this photo, is that you used f 2.8, plus 1/4 shutter speed. Did you handhold this? You have camera shake, so the photo is not sharp. The shutter speed is too slow for hand holding. PLUS using 200mm at 1/4 is far too slow for handheld shots. General rule is as in this case, if you use 200mm focal length, then you shouldn't go below 1/200 sec. (1/focal length rule).

In these circumstances, you need a tripod, especially when using slow shutter speeds! If you don't have a tripod handy, then you must find some stable object - like a rock, to rest the camera on. (You could invest in a Gorillapod tripod which is very portable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks......appreciate your detailed reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines