• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thanks, this is fun (Some rejected, some accepted, I like it)

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No real question here, I justed wanted to say: I think I get it. I am seeing a pattern to the handful of rejections I have gotten and I am getting a better understanding of what the editors are looking for.  I am getting a higher percentage of submissions accepted as I go forward.  I am guilty I think of boosting the saturation and dehaze too much in my own work and I need to dial that stuff back some and leave those tweaks to the buyer. I probably over use fades in my work, I sometime create what's almost a vignette with linear fades in LightRoom, and I need to knock it off when I am submitting here I am getting.  I have to say so far the process is eminently fair. 

I have not sold a thing yet! But it's only been a week, so other than that, I can't really find anything to complain about, but I am sure I will think of something!

I will unmark this as a question and won't expect any responses, but tips for beginners are very welcome. I will browse the other threads here as well. Thanks in advance all. 

Wish me luck! 

-Michael

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you do not expect an answer: You made probably a good analysis of does and don'ts. Stock is about craft and not art. So welcome to the poor contributors and good luck...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! I know nothing of art so maybe I have a chance! What a nuanced contrast between those two words art / craft. I suspect any so called artist does his or her best work while casting aside any of the pretension commonly associated with an artist and focuses on the craft. Thanks for the thought.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines