Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too much noise or post-processing?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-09-25 04.16.56 1.jpg

Does this really have too much noise? Or is it more some minor editing I did?
I'm very new to photography and Adobe Stock.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016-10-11 07.08.50 1 - Copy.jpg

Same thing with this picture as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because of the subject matter here, I'm sure if you zoom right in to the dark sections of the picture you will see a lot of noise. In fact, I think it's impossible to shoot such a subject with no noise, so I don't understand why they reject all of them...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see noise, but I do see sensor dust or lens spots (directly above the top plane). At this size, it appears that the focus isn't sharp enough, and that may be the real reason it has been rejected.

I don't know how the images are evaluated, but I envision someone sitting in a dark room, spending about 5 seconds looking at an image, then pushing the "Accept" button or one of the various "reject" buttons available to them. I'm getting about a third of my images rejected. In some cases when I submit a series of images all taken with the exact same lighting and set-up, 1 is accepted and others are rejected for "noise". There doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency in the selection process.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To look for noise sharpness and artifacts one need to zoom to 100% or more. It is expected that contributors use the noise reduction tool of an editing app such as Photoshop to reduce noise before submitting. In which case the colors of your images becomes smooth and not grainy, blotchy or with artificial coloring, or fringing.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines