Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to understand the rules !!!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to get a better idea of how some of the rules work regarding rejection.  I have read the guidelines extensively.  This image for example has been rejected on grounds of Intellectual property.  It is my own image, no name is visible and there are lots of images of large and recognisable superyachts available for people top buy so I would like to know why this image may have been rejected ?  does this yacht belong to the CEO of Adobe perhaps ?

Also on the second image.  Refused on"technical grounds"  Any suggestions.  The full size image is pin sharp etc. There is no excessive PP / artefacts etc. I don't have a big problem with the refusals and don't take it personally, I just want a better understanding of the rules so as not to waste everyones time.  The refusal of the first image of the large yacht I find particularly hard to understand on the grounds cited given how many similar images there are available for sale here in AS ???

Any thoughts, especially from Adobe please.

Thanks.

File ID: 239016714   Original name: Superyacht.jpg

Superyacht.jpg

File ID: 239014227

Original name: Camasdarrach Sound of Sleat Scotland.jpg

Camasdarrach Sound of Sleat Scotland.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Hi JG,

many thanks for the input.  I'm beginning to get the picture now.  So all branding no matte how insignificant in the image is going to cause a problem so far as I understand from everyone's comments.  Once again.  Thanks to all for their conributions. in helping me figure this out

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your pictures are to small for an analyses.

So only this: IP can also be because of the keywords.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the very quick reply to my post.  I tried to upload target images but was told that they should eb only 900 pixels wide so reduced them accordingly.  Can I upload a higher resolution version here ? 

The image of the large yacht would have had keywords such as yacht, yachting, Superyacht etc.  I can not remember exactly what I used but they would have been very similar to those.  So still do not understand the rejection on IP basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload higher resolutions. I do not know the real limits, but try the full resolution...

there may be a logo visible on the yacht. On the second image there is a logo, but that's ip and not technical issues.

(FYI: I'm not Adobe and generally Adobe does not comment on general issues like this. But it may be that Adobe staff will be answering if your question is of interest to the general understanding of the moderation process).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could be the design of the superyatch. As for the 2nd picture - technical issues - it's a bit hard to tell at this resolution. Possibly adding a bit more contrast and vibrance - it would then give a bit more punch to the image. As it is now, it is a bit dull. I can't see any other problems - apart from the logos...which would then be IP issues...

People who contribute here are users like yourself. If an Abode staff responds - they'll have a red 'Staff' badge under their avatar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the comments.

I made sure the name on the vessel was not visible and even erased the courtesy flag so you could not even tell which country the yacht was in at the time. 

Regarding the second image I can see the point of the Branding be visible on the small tender in the foreground, but as you say that would be an IP issue.  I am very careful when post processing s I have had a few rejected for"Artefacts" including one that had almost zero pos done on it, just happened to be natural saturated and vibrant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superyacht 75.jpg

This version is uploaded at75% original size so in theory will be much better but the dialogue does say it may be called to 900 wide...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue could be with the actual design of the yacht. The design itself is recognisable, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked in the world of large yachts for about 25 years and would not have recognised it unless I had seen the name there are many much more distinctive  yachts out there that have images that are available here.  For example  image no  178076552.  Like I said Im not taking it personally in any way i just do not want to waste anyones time uploading images that will get rejected so merely wish to better understand the rules.  All the comments much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your issue...

That's where the only 'help' is this:

Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock

Which I guess you have read - so:

Distinctive product shapes like toys, bottles, luxury furniture, vehicles, airplanes

This would probably include superyachts.

I think Adobe Stock is being a lot more careful with recent submissions.

IP rights are a minefield!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah read it right through already. 

It's no big deal and thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are still small logos here and there:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the eagle eyed comment.  I will take care to eliminate all such branding in future, never knew hey could possibly be so pedantic about branding !!!  Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are... If you know where and what to look...I won't say that was the refusal reason, there may still be the "big picture" as pointed out by Rickey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All very helpful as Im learning my way. many thanks to all who have commented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a yacht of a more generic design would be accepted, but this is a very destinct design. This goes fir bottles, cycles, cars and everything. Some images which are accepted before and are not according to the rules can be from the “old” Fotolia-period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iaindvc

Image 1: Take out the blue and black image below the top deck window and the blue mark below it. those are identifying marks.

Image 2: Take out the blue and red writing at the side and the front, and there seem to be some writing on what appears to be the engine. Take that out also.

The magnified image of Amabo shows grains also. You need to correct that, or it will be rejected a second time for grains/noise.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

many thanks for the input.  I'm beginning to get the picture now.  So all branding no matte how insignificant in the image is going to cause a problem so far as I understand from everyone's comments.  Once again.  Thanks to all for their conributions. in helping me figure this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iaindvc

You are welcome... You understand correctly.

Regard

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, any logos, branding etc may lead to a refusal and needs to be edited out. As for distinguished forms, there would be a refusal for a coke bottle, the green yellow colour on fendt machines etc. Information on this may be found in the contributors user manual. I do not think that ​this yacht would be refused as the form and the setting is quite generic. I'm not an expert in yachts, but this is how I probably would draw a yacht from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines