Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to upload vector content

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to upload my vector files in .zip archive (eps+jpeg), but see this error: 12.zip couldn't be uploaded because it is not a valid file type

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Please upload the .zip folder that is creating the error to Dropbox or a comparable service and send me a link to download it. I'll check it out and troubleshoot. My email is [Moderator deleted private information.]

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information doesn't help.

We see there: upload your vector illustrations in zip archive. But when i'm trying to send zip, system show error: it is not valid file type.

How to upload vectors, if zip files not accepted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to follow the help document: Upload content to Adobe Stock | Adobe Stock tutorials  ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course i have tried to follow all instructions and help documentations. But zip files still not uploading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the instructions, I made my jpg preview 5000 x 3500, minimum of 15mb, and included the original ai file, but when I zip (compress) the files, the zip archive is only 661kb and gets kicked out stating that the upload must be at least 4mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any solution of this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the "staff" does not understand the issue. Nothing against the "staff" but it would help if they actually tried to upload vector files and they would fully understand the problem.

The problem is... you make your file, jpeg and eps to spec and zip it, upload it, and you will get an error every time.

The files are correct, you are doing nothing wrong, but the system only "sees" the zip file, not it's contents.

The work around is to upload vector art via Adobe's "optional" method, using an FTP client.

This works every time - upload, wait a day and the files will appear in your "uploaded files" area and then proceed with the normal submission process.

Hope this helps!

Optional - Upload the data file via FTP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in @MatHayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the .zip folder that is creating the error to Dropbox or a comparable service and send me a link to download it. I'll check it out and troubleshoot. My email is [Moderator deleted private information.]

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zip files are accepted, there are requirements that must be met however as outlined in the link Sheena sent. The file cannot be more than 45MB total size. It must contain one vector file. Either an AI or an EPS (No svg) and it must contain a jpeg preview file that is at least 5,000 pixels on the long side. Does your zip folder meet these requirements? If yes, please let me know and we can follow up offline to troubleshoot.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my zip contains 1 eps file (less than 45mb), and 1 jpeg (with sides not less than 5000px), but still have problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem as Shyama. However I try to upload my zip file following all your instructions still nothing works out... My zip file is only 1,5mb with 5000 x 5000 px sides jpeg. Could you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I face same problem, Zip File with EPS and 5000x5000px Jpeg Preview with the same name and idenitacal to what is in my EPS file. And face this problem. BusinessColored.zip & BusinessColored.zip couldn't be uploaded. Discover why
Yeah, I was visiting all this support pages and read all the tips, still doesnt work(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Make sure the file is ZIP and not RAR or RAR5. I hope you can solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm trying to upload my zip file, system show error: it is not valid file type. My zip file is EPS and Jpeg Preview 5000 x 5000 px.I follow all instructions, but zip files still not uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. "Not a valid file type" error each time i try to upload a vector. I tried changing the vector file type from EPS 10 to EPS CS6, AI CS6, AI 10 but still no luck. The preview jpg is 5000 x 5000 pixels. When i try to upload via FTP, only the jpg preview file appear in the Uploaded Files while the vector files does not. Is there still no solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have too. unlike in Fotolia. This is very difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Would someone from Adobe please look into this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to upload both jpg and eps file via ftp but in uploaded files only jpg is showing and it seems like this is illustration not  a vector.Where is my eps file?I must say this is the most confusing upload process I have seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Make sure it's eps 1.0, not 2.0 and it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem. Make sure it's eps 1.0, not 2.0 and it will work.

By @ShivoneM

This was a temporary problem in 2017.

And for your assumption: I just now uploaded an EPS file at the highest EPS level available to me (%!PS-Adobe-3.1 EPSF-3.0), and I can submit without a problem.

(locking this now)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines