• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unclear about vector size to upload to contributor site.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this question comes up often. I have searched the forum and I'm still unsure of the size. I know that Adobe requests the vector artboards to be a minimum of 3,000 px x 5,000 px = 15MP. However, I have downloaded several vector art files from Adobe Stock, and none of them are even close to this size. The largest one downloaded is 2211.02 px x 1133.86 px = 2.51MP and the smallest was 300 px x 300 px = 90,000 pixels. When I did a search for a pattern and sorted by most recent, the downloaded file was 3480px x 3480 px = 12.1MP. Again a bit shy of the 15MP size. So if someone would be so kind to let me know why these are under the 15MP, 3,000 px x 5,000 px and if I should be creating my artboards at the huge size request of a minimum of 15MP. If I made my artboard square, it would be 4,000 px x 4,000 px = 16MP and would be the size 55.56 in. x 55.56 in. That seems quite large. I know that not everyone is a designer and may not have access to the Creative Suite software to alter the artwork, but this size seems a bit large. Vector art is scalable at any size and retains its clarity. If it were rasterized art then I would see the need for the min. 15MP. BTW, I have read all of the links, guides, etc on the Adobe site regarding this matter. That is why I am posting this because I am still unclear. 

Oh, and in my experience, vector art was always CMYK. However, I noticed it's a mix with the Adobe Stock vector art, some of it is in RGB. Can anyone clarify? I did not find any information on this. I am accustomed to always having my vector art as CMYK, especially for print reasons.

Thank you for your responses ahead of time and I hope someone can help me figure this out. 🙂

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A vector image has no dimensions in pixels, and hence no size in MP. No, I have no idea how Adobe square this with their requirements.  Illustrator considers that a "pixel" is 1/72 inch but that is just convenient nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, so you can see why I am unclear on this matter. I have worked in Adobe Illustrator for over 24 years and this requirement seems odd to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines