• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding what is and is not illustrative Editorial

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me undertsand this better. How are these not illustrative editorial? They are iconic images of the University they represent.

IMG_1086_University Kansas 201001_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_2125_UNC Campus 201021_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_2208_UNC Campus 201022_3000Lpx.jpgIMG_2234_UNC Campus 201023_3000Lpx.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CinBrandon ,

I am afraid based on Adobe's definition, those images are not. The definition is as follows:

"Content intended to illustrate articles on current events and newsworthy topics focused on conceptual imagery using real brands and products to convey strong ideas. ... photos and illustrations of branded products that help tell a story ...".

For more details go to https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html#Whatisillustrativ...

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the story? What are the ideas? What is the current event? Illustrative Editorial isn't just a "can't be bothered with property release" option. Even if sometimes Adobe seem to accept things that don't match their requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any story about these ubiversities, and these are the iconic images that represent them. The "brand" is the university. They are large institutions (UNC, Univ Kansas, etc) and there are news stories regularly.

Other similar images are accepted and sell on a regular basis. That's what makes this more confusing. It seems to be random why some are accepted and some are not. 

the following were all accepted and have sold in the last month. I do not understand why my rejected ones are different than the ones below. 

EF6F81DC-72AE-4F54-8812-5E10A1BDED35.jpeg

F3458ADA-4DA3-459A-B0B8-4EDA330E7179.jpeg

D77EE8AF-8E53-4F1E-A1BF-9179E36274F5.jpeg

51C049BE-D682-4EAC-955A-654868052A8F.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CinBrandon ,

You are welcome. I believe most of us, if not all have similar experience. 

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines