Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to metadata requirements for generative AI content

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am announcing a big update in the workflow for those of you submitting generative AI images to Adobe Stock. With the successful launch of the search filter and generative AI display in the customer facing site, we are no longer requiring you add "generative AI" to your title or keywords. Effective immediately, you can stop adding "generative AI" to your title and keywords if you prefer.

It is VERY important you continue to select the "created using generative AI tools" checkbox and that you submit your generative AI content as an illustration. Let me know if you have any questions.

thank you,

Mat Hayward 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Adobe is now accepting generative AI in vector and video art.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Mat! I am new to Creative Cloud and clicked 'yes' to the generative AI beta without fully reading the terms. Have just read them and see that it can only be for personal use. This Creative Cloud was purchased and will be used for the nonprofit where I'm employed. So I guess I need to 'uncheck' that box, because none of what I do will be for personal use. 

I went into my account settings, but I can't find where to disable the generative AI feature so I don't unintentionally use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that Adobe Firefly cannot be used for commercial purposes while in beta. You should be able to access your non-beta version of Photoshop or you can simply not use generative fill when logged into the beta version. 

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you for your quick and patient response. I'm looking forward to learning these programs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Mat!
I created some vector illustrations using generative AI.
I can't select File Type: "Illustration" to check the "Created with generative AI tools" box.
For vector files, can't I upload images generated by generative AI?
Best Regards, Aleksandr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Mat!
I created some vector illustrations using generative AI.

By @Aleksandr Gusev

Vector files are not (yet) supported using generative AI. Indeed, the only method I know to generate vector files with AI is to vectorize your pixel images. Vectorizing pixel images is not recommended and results in poor vector quality if you are not applying a stringent cure of the generated art.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Abambo!

So would users get banned if they upload vectors made with auto-trace? Except that there's no AI checkbox when uploading vectors, also now It's not necessary to use "Generative AI" in keywords and titles any more.

Thanks for an answer in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also interested in the answer to this question:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I adressed Jill with the same question below. I think many are interested in this topic, so let's wait for the answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Auto-trace won't get you banned per say, but I think many of the results would get rejected on a technical basis.  I agree with both @Jill_C and @Abambo that Generative A.I.  vectors aren't allowed currently.  I've seen this addressed on the Discord channel.  

I'm guessing this will be addressed in the future if enough people want it.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I beg you to answer the question: is the slow check of vector works connected with the appearance of a large number of illustrations made using artificial intelligence? I already have more than 150 works not checked, many of them are two weeks old. This makes me very worried and sad!! Thanks in advance for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. This is a nice update, but it does present one extra challenge for some of us contributors. I upload the titles, tags, releases, etc... through the CSV files and now that the checkbox is necessary but not the title or tags, there is no way to have it automatically mark the images as AI through the CSV file and it needs to be done manually. On other stock image sites they have dedicated tags similar to the way Adobe does seasonal tags where it's a specialized tag marking it as being AI and enabling the AI-checkmarks automatically for that. It would be really nice if Adobe added a similar tag that triggers the checkmark or if the CSV can just have another optional column which is a boolean value to mark something as AI. It's not so much of an issue if you ONLY make AI submissions since you can mark an entire page as AI before submitting, but if you do a mix of AI and non-AI submissions then it could be a little hectic to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, I'm not sure whether it's necessary to check the AI generative tools checkbox if only using AI noise reduction tools. So far I haven't checked the box but have had a massive increase in rejections since using this tool. Please advise as to whether I need to check the box and whether I'd be better off not using the AI noise reduction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a AI Generative "Tools" checkbox. It is meant for assets wholly or in part generated using such products as Midjourney. Applying noise reduction is not "Generative AI". I suppose there will need to be a clarification issued by Adobe when the new Photoshop Generative AI feature that is in beta test now is fully released.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jill!

It's interesting if contributors will be banned or not, if they upload vectors made with auto-trace? Cause, as with photos created with AI, also with vectors they have all the commercial rigths to sell this kind of images. And except that there's no AI checkbox when uploading vectors, now It's not necessary to use "Generative AI" in keywords and titles any more.

Or maybe it depends on a trace quality?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I've seen any definitive response from Adobe on this topic. Hopefully @MatHayward will stop by and give us an update.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not accept vector content made with generative AI software. Do not use auto-trace to create vectors based on generative AI images. 

Thank you,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill 😃

If I use the new generative feature in PSB, to remove Intellectual Property items in my photographs, can I not submit as an image?

Thank you and if this question has already been answered, I am sorry. I read lots of Q and As before typing this Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images created using the new Photoshop Beta program cannot yet be used commercially. You'll have to wait for the beta period to be concluded and the product released for wider use. I assume that images created thereafter can be used commercially.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desde abril de 2023 tenho feito upload de imagens para o Adobe Stock. Já tenho 7.177 imagens publicadas no site do Adobe Stock. No entanto, a Adobe Stock só analisou 100 imagens até agora. Gostaria que me dessem uma estimativa de quanto tempo você analisará as 7.077 imagens restantes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Não precisa responder. Já achei a resposta em outras perguntas. Obrigado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For inclusion of images, I can select a title from the title suggestions presented, as well as accept the presented keyword suggestions. However, I have to "select" could you automatically leave the title field already filled in with a title suggestion? What about the keyword field already auto-populated with keyword suggestions? this would greatly speed up the process of inserting images. I have thousands of images to put on Adobe Stock, but having to select titles and keywords image by image is incredibly time consuming; it is unthinkable to do with that amount of image. I request the possibility of accepting my suggestion so that the process of inserting an image is faster, thus facilitating the work of the collaborators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spending time on accurate and descriptive Titles and keywords is the most important thing you can do to influence the sales of your assets. Relying exclusively on the automatically generated keywords is not a good idea. They're frequently wrong and incomplete. Don't skimp on this part of the submission process. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your answer it can be said that Adobe is trying to take the responsibility off their shoulders. Why doesn't Adobe put together a program that can generate a great image title and great keywords? In this way, Adobe will be helping its collaborators. Contributors are part of the Adobe team so we need to work as a team. Help us help you, put a program that creates excellent titles and keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not taking the responsibility off their shoulders". It has never been their responsibility to describe the assets of Contributors. That's your job. If you want to be successful as a Contributor, you've got to put in the time. I use the auto keyword feature to add keywords to my photos, and many of them are wrong, so I have to delete them. An automatic system is never going to be precise enough. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines