Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload Editorial Content on Adobe Stock

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Adobe Stock finally have editorial content, but how can I upload editorial images? Another artists have the same question I think.

Cheers.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Currently we are selling editorial content through our partnership with Reuters. We are not accepting editorial content from individual contributors at this time. If that changes in the future we will be sure to post announcements here in the forum and in our blog.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

The rules have changed and Adobe now accepts illustrative editorials from select contributors:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently we are selling editorial content through our partnership with Reuters. We are not accepting editorial content from individual contributors at this time. If that changes in the future we will be sure to post announcements here in the forum and in our blog.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sad While others stock accepts this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sir,

Any updates regarding submitting Editorial Images? 

My editorial photos enjoy sales with other agencies but with no way of submitting them in Adobe Stock,

I halted my submissions that includes even non-editorial images/photos and graphics. The reason was that it takes

more hours to segregate the non-editorial from the editorial as they are in one image bank which has been painstakingly organized by numbers.

So, after a year, is Adobe Stock now open for editorial images. Thanks

just waiting,
George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Seems they are cutting their nose off to spite their face. I wonder what the reason may be. So many travel images are editorial and are accepted and sell well on the likes of Shutterstock, iStockphoto etc. I have loads of images of interesting people from obscure places and cultures in Africa and the Middle East. Seems crazy to not be able to include these travel images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

Are you a bot? Because, you are answering questions like a bot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I a bot? No, I am not.

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Adobe is not accepting any editorial content from contributors, but am curious to know the rationale for this decision.

Thanks for any insight...just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sure you're not? you repeat a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an ugly rumor I have often fought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could be a bot programmed to think you're not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that gives me food for thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this must be sure the new MAT 9000, which follows its mission on its odyssey in the microstock space and does not let them be endangered by humans...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you ought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it because there are many questions that are exactly alike and must have answers that are the same? Maybe questions are from bots. : = 0 ,   JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would say that if you were a bot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even that the discussion is quite amusing, it keeps valuable resources from answering serious questions. I decided to lock this. Mat can overrule me if he thinks that I shouldn't keep people away from speculating on his status...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mat, there is any change in the editorial content uploaded by contributors? How can we contact with Reuters or the agencies you work with to work for this agencies? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look into my answer here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/upload-editorial-content-on-adobe-stock/m-p/10838743#M47394.

To work for Reuters or other agencies, I suppose you should submit your canditature to them. Go to the Reuters (or other) website and look for anything that looks like "jobs" or "working for Reuters"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this rule also apply to graphic designers who editorial content uploaded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rules have changed and Adobe now accepts illustrative editorials from select contributors:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortauntly this is a new type of "editorials" adobe carved out of the entire sceme of editorial. Not sure why, but I as a photographer can't submit photos from events I attend, at least not onto Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contribute only illustrative editorial, and that only after your first 100 sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortauntly this is a new type of "editorials" adobe carved out of the entire sceme of editorial. Not sure why, but I as a photographer can't submit photos from events I attend, at least not onto Adobe Stock.

By @Chris Adval

============

No, it's not new.

Stock sells assets for commercial use. Anything that's submitted to Stock has to be legally yours -- 100% copyright owernship and if applicable, signed release forms giving you permission to sell & use it commercially.  That's to protect you as well as customers who buy your assets from legal disputes later.

Editorial content is newsworthy -- i.e. war footage or photos taken at a professional sporting event.  Adobe sources that content from news services like Reuters or AP.

Illustrative Editorial refers to branded content like Mercedes, Coke or Ikea that's used in journalism & reporting; not for promotional purposes. Contributors with 100 or more sold assets may submit Illustrative Editorial content.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines