• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vintage Photographs

New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a wonderful collection of ORIGINAL family photographs (many are formal portraits, but not all), dating back to the 1880s. Every person in every photograph has been dead for many years and was a member of MY family. Is there a market for these? Would Adobe consider this kind of content? I have scanned them and repaired obvious damage (I restore vintage photographs as a business.)  Thanks!

[Moved from the Contributor Critique forum (which is for getting suggestions and criticisms from the user community) and into the support forum - moderator]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

A person must be dead for at least 75 years before you can submit an image of them without a release. You need to own the copyright to the content you are submitting which would be difficult to verify it sounds like. There may be a market for the images however it's not likely we would be able to accept the content without some documentation to verify the legality. In addition, the technical requirements are still going to be the same as if the image was digitally captured.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A person must be dead for at least 75 years before you can submit an image of them without a release. You need to own the copyright to the content you are submitting which would be difficult to verify it sounds like. There may be a market for the images however it's not likely we would be able to accept the content without some documentation to verify the legality. In addition, the technical requirements are still going to be the same as if the image was digitally captured.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again, thanks for a well reasoned reply!

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines