• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the "technical issue" with this image?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilton.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Hi Al Bondiga

I believe the technical issue has to do with the framing of the image. There is nothing specific about the building focused on. The environ of the building is not included, the way it is cropped. The top and bottom of the crop cuts across several blocks on different levels of the building. It would be better straight up, or straight across.

I hope this helps

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al Bondiga

I believe the technical issue has to do with the framing of the image. There is nothing specific about the building focused on. The environ of the building is not included, the way it is cropped. The top and bottom of the crop cuts across several blocks on different levels of the building. It would be better straight up, or straight across.

I hope this helps

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I agree with Jacquelin, the issue here would be composition (as far as I can see) which is a technical issue. The framing is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a great and selable image. Don't understand the rejection which I find wrong ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oleschwaner

It might very well be, however based on Adobe's experience they might believe that the chance of selling is limited. If you had it cropped horizontally more persons are likely to buy it even if some choose to crop their copy as you have. While most sites I know will not accept it cropped as you have it, there are others that will. Your can try uploading it to these sites that will accept it and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been a while, but I stumbled on this entry, so I wanted to give my appreciation of your image.

I find it quite interesting, and I would choose an image like that on stock for illustrating different topics. But I found some flaws, that would disqualify this picture from Adobe stock:

The moderator probably has seen the slight chromatic aberration.In addition there is a lot of noise and colour noise in the image. That too would be a rejection reason. And last but not least, the front parts are blown out, but I do not think that this would be an exclusion reason, as it still is graceful.

It's probably a nicely saleable image and I do not think that the framing does disqualify the image per se, even that I would love to have more "boxes" in the frame....

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines