Where'd I Go Wrong With This Image?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this image to Adobe Stock and it was rejected. The only adjustment I made was dragging the shadow slider to reveal darker areas. Comments below outline Adobe's reasons.

Excessive artifacts/noise can be caused by low light, bad camera settings, strong compression or excessive post-production.

If it was due to post production effects, know that our customers typically prefer to add their own special effects, filters or black-and-white conversions to fit the needs of their projects, so adding these effects in advance drastically reduces the market for your image.

48965154657_5486d4c529_k.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019
Hello, I think by increasing the shadows, you have revealed the noise in the shadow areas. So, noise would be present in the boat's hull, both luminance and colour noise. It is hard to point out though at this resolution. Look carefully at the boat at a higher magnification - 100% or more.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I think by increasing the shadows, you have revealed the noise in the shadow areas. So, noise would be present in the boat's hull, both luminance and colour noise. It is hard to point out though at this resolution. Look carefully at the boat at a higher magnification - 100% or more.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines