• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does this have an exposure problem? Please help.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Stock, so can someone suggest why this was rejected as an exposure problem? It is basically a black and white photo with a color space.

DSC_2226-Edit.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am new to this also, in my monitor the color space seems a bit overexposed i think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your black on the right is too black it draws my eye away from the clock and scenery beyond it. Interesting shot though. Perhaps you can crop it vertical to eliminate the flat textureless wall of black on the right? Make sure to add silhouette to your keywords / title if it isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taking a good photo in this situation is itself a challenge. There are two objects one is too bright and other objects inside the building that are too dark. Our eyes can adjust to all these automatically. When you had focused on clock the camera sensor adjust to that level of exposure but the objects that were in shadow became too dark to camera.

On other side if the camera is focused on dark objects than main object i.e. clock will be out of focus.

I think search for similar photographs and see how professionals shoot in these circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice photo.  Possibly it is a little underexposed.  Maybe try brightening it in PS to see how that looks.  Adjust the contrast accordingly.  I think this might help to draw the eye into the background more, or more precisely give more the impression of light...to give that lift to the mind on seeing the photo...hard to explain... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try cropping it square and getting rid of most of the underexposed black on the edges. Especially on the right.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines