• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my photo marked for lack of AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!
I recently uploaded a photograph of a pair of sunglasses shot in low-key lighting conditions as you can see below; but it got rejected. Could you please clarify the reason for me? Thanks in advance

good1.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Pretty much what Enio siad, also I notice there is a logo - RayBan- so you would need a property release - I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the reason Adobe gave? There is always a reason given in the rejection notice.

My guess is "exposure".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i stated in the title, the reason is "aesthetic or commercial appeal of image"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just means Adobe don't think this particular photo would sell well. But don't get discouraged, take it as a challenge to improve what you submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much what Enio siad, also I notice there is a logo - RayBan- so you would need a property release - I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This seems to be the correct answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course the issue is the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Adobe should have given that reason, not lack of aesthetic or commercial value like it says in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's also the logo, but it's just not done very well.  You can see the softbox and you can clearly see the camera in the reflection.  You've lost definition in parts of the rim as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines