• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was it rejected?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for recommendations. I tried to submit my watercolor illustrations but they all were rejected due to technical problems. Please help me figure out what problems should be fixed? Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at what other Stock contributors are doing in this keyword category.  As you can see, realistic images of the moon are well represented, perhaps because realistic images (not abstracts) are what most Stock customers purchase. 

image.png

That said, Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in their own projects.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technichal problems: The illustrations were vetted like photographs probably. I would not know of any magic formula to get them passed, even that I agree, that you put a lot of effort in. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree that if I knew the reason for the refusal, then such cases could be avoided in the future. And under this cause can bring any picture. I always upload all illustrations as illustrations, not as photos. Once I missed it and they wrote in the refusal that it was the wrong category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examine your images at 200% magnification. 

Edges are not sharply defined, they're jagged.

And there are many aberations & artifacts probably caused by the scanner.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I think aberrations are a product of golden watercolor. It glimmers and has nothing to do with the scanner. So I wouldn't call it aberrations. I always leave the edges not even, but close to the watercolor to maintain this watercolor effect. It turns out that you can't use gold watercolors for work, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think @Nancy OShea is right, those artefacts are vetted as errors. Your scanner can probably not scan that correctly.

I can understand @ricky336's assessment, but I doubt that the jagged edges are the refusal reason if it is clear that it is an artwork and not a photography. I could imagine that people would buy the asset because of those "imperfections".

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't see these passing. The edges are jagged, even though this is intentional - I don't think it is a good idea! The images aren't clear, and for me, the effect isn't a good watercolour effect. As a buyer, I wouldn't buy them. Not sure about the colour as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have one of those good quality scanners, it might have a few filter functions like a depixelizer normally used for magazine art. You can always fiddle with those and see what comes out. That is if you want to bother. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines