Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why were my pictures rejected?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm aiming my stock photography at household items, and random objects. I intend Youtubers and Bloggers to find a use for these pictures.

They were all rejected for "technical issue". I'm not sure what exactly is the issue. Can someone help me understand? I read their documentation, and I don't have chromatic aberration, out-of-focus, pixelation, etc.

20170905_175842.jpg20170911_190030.jpg20170911_190808.jpgP1000454.JPGP1023199.JPGPhone Mount.jpg

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The composition isn't good.  What use could these images be used for? What do they show? Also, there may be IP issues regarding some of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Picture by picture, without a deeper analyzis, just based on the previews:

1. is clearly out of focus... the hand is missing detail and colours are washed out... if the plug is the subject, it should clearly be completly in the picture... the model number may cause an ip problem.
  2. why is there a ballpoint in the picture? 
  3. how do you look at that picture? You have a really strange point of view. What does it show? Composition: why having 2 shoes in the view? The logo on the car and the license plate are ip problems.
  4. This one is very probably underexposed, may be the contrast is also to high. Composition is bad. If you take such pictures make at least sure that your main subject (the white van?) is completely in view and that all parts of the car are correctly exposed. The tires do not show any detail. If the plastic bottle is the subject, make sure that it is bigger in view. The car logo and licensing plate may be a problem.
  5. No idea what that picture shows. Bad composition and point of view! Also here: What do you want to show? "Artwork" may be ip-protected.
  6. What does that represent? Why is that mess around? The reflection from the flash/light source IS a technical error. The upper left corner is to dark.

All in all: If the moderator would not have refused your pictures based on technical errors, he could also have chosen ip violation or aesthetic or commercial appeal. Stock pictures need to be carefully composed, well exposed and framed and there should be a clear subject. Taking a camera to make random pictures of random objects rarely leads to usable stuff. Even if I take pictures of "mess", it's carefully arranged, so that the subject is clear and usable. rarely I have a random picture of random objects getting into stock...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines