• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With ALL DUE RESPECT...Adobe Stock...EXPLAIN THIS please.

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Stock:

I know that your various and assorted staff love to race onto this forum defending the myriad number of rejections when we the contributors come here to complain and or ask questions.   I'd even said...well, maybe there is a lot of grain noise or and artifacts problem with my work.  I mean I am just a newbie, and your image staff are the proverbial Great Wizard of Oz, infallible in judgement, unbiased deciders of what does or does not meet your company's criteria.

Every picture is looked at individually, given a CAREFUL and THOROUGH REVIEW.  The numbers still perplexed me...I mean how could 1197 of my images be rejected, while only 367 met the grade?  So, started paying more attention, and notice that rejections came in fast and furious...as in MINUTES.  Tonight as perhaps the perfect example.  Over 30 of my pictures were REJECTED for Grain Noise according to the emails sent to me MANY AT THE EXACT SAME TIME, and another large batch with the same rejection reason coming in a short time later.   The mathematical odds of so many pictures all being rejected in a span of just a few minutes of time, while only a scant SMALL HANDFUL of my images made it through is almost impossible...there is a better probability of me winning the Powerball Lottery Drawing...which for the record, I did not.  Per the time stamps, lets review some examples....

8:15 PM  3 photographs rejected for grain noise.

8:27 PM  4 photographs rejected for grain noise.

8:35 PM  7 photographs rejected for grain noise.

8:36 PM  1 photograph  rejected for grain noise.

8:37 PM 11 photographs rejected for grain noise.

8:46 PM  8 photographs rejected for grain noise.

9:02 PM  1 photograph rejected for grain noise.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.  That is 36 rejections for Grain Noise in 47 minutes, with a very small handful of acceptances.  Not trying to cast dispersions here, but my careful examination of tonight's rejection letter (s) in my email box has me believing there is a good chance that a great many of my 1197 rejections were not fairly reviewed by REAL HUMAN EYES, and if given proper review by someone not out to meet a quota, would actually make it through and be in my portfolio of pictures/images up for sale.  IE...how can 11 images all be viewed in one minute and rejected for identical issue (Grain Noise)..see 8:37. 

I was a potter/sculptor for some 20 years, doing juried whole and retail Arts and Crafts Shows/Festivals, so more than comfortable with rejection...as I was told early on in my career, a rejection is just one person, or one show jury's opinion.   However, I want to know that I and my work are receiving a fair shake, want to know that someone employee is not just pushing images through to meet their quota, or worse yet to earn a bonus for viewing/judging a certain number of images in a certain period of time.

So please, can someone explain to me how it was that so many of my images were looked at in such a short period of time, and all of them getting thrown into the trash heap of rejected stock photos for the exact same identical  reason?

Respectfully,

Sherwood Martinelli

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

May be you could add one particularly oddly  rejected picture. Use the -icon for uploading that picture here.

I would like to ask you to do the same and may be post also a link to the picture on a different site.

I have to say that rejection criteria is quite individual. I had rejections on shutterstock that passed well here and vice versa. However rejecting a batch of pictures like that in a short time may or may not be normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the site and came here looking for similar answers.  I was wondering if something is happening in the uploading process because I have a batch of photos that were rejected for the same reasons and they were shot at ISO 100 on a bright blue sunny day.  I did not do a lot of post processing on them because the light and photos were pretty spot on straight out of camera.  They have also been accepted on three other stock sites and are selling so I was quite surprised when I saw they were rejected here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be you could add one particularly oddly  rejected picture. Use the -icon for uploading that picture here.

I would like to ask you to do the same and may be post also a link to the picture on a different site.

I have to say that rejection criteria is quite individual. I had rejections on shutterstock that passed well here and vice versa. However rejecting a batch of pictures like that in a short time may or may not be normal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines