• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock .ai Image with transparent background in photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought this adobe stock images because I need to import a spray effect into one of my images. I thought this would be a transparent background but when I open it in Photoshop there is still the dark grey squared background. I can't isolate the spray effect from it.

Any way of doing this without having to have Illustrator?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

You need to open it in Illustrator and turn off the background layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in srishtib8795206 to help you better with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kati,

At my end, I see three different layers(DESCR/ CONTENT/ BACK) and you need to Hide/Delete the one which says Grid(Under BACK).

stock image.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this same image and had the same problem. These images REALLY should be labeled much better. I only use photoshop, not illustrator, there is nothing in the initial information on this file that would clue me in that this would NOT work as a transparent in photoshop. I have wasted 2 credits today on this exact issue. There is also no information about sizing prior to licensing.  

Is there anyway the upfront information could be more meaningful? I'm very frustrated with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue even in 2020! I can't believe I pay for so many programs through Adobe and yet when one specifically searches for a Stock image with a transparent background, it isn't automatically transparent in PS. This is a joke and I have spent all night being frustrated and angry with this exact problem. I am honeslty pretty livid, I don't actually think I have ever been this angry. Do you not think that if someone is paying for a service, they would expect it to work, and easily at that? 

I am trying to use both images 197771940 and 225091090 and neither of them are straightforward to remove the background to use as a transparent image which to me is a complete waste of time as the reason I pay for Adobe Stock is so that I can SAVE time. I need a step by step instructional assistance with this issue, especially since ALL THE LAYERS ARE LABELLED THE SAME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having really trouble removing the chequered effect of transparent stock images. I’m trying to add some glitter over a photo of mine in a photoshop. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saa32676758  wrote

I’m having really trouble removing the chequered effect of transparent stock images. I’m trying to add some glitter over a photo of mine in a photoshop. Please help!

Open the image in Illustrator and hide the background layer as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with all of the above.  177877607

The transparent background function used to work automatically-this is taking way too much time.

I tried turning off the layers as mentioned previously.

When I turn off all of the backgrounds, it looks like this:

I only want the white parts from this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble with two images I licensed. When I remove the checkered background, I am left with the black outline and I can't figure out how to remove it. I am trying to use 203500931 and/or 179929059

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tina,

I have added 2 replacement licenses to your account.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you – I appreciate you doing that. I just really wanted to know if there was a way to use those as a transparent image.

Thanks,

tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening the images with Adobe Illustrator?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop with no luck. One of them has a layer for the background, but when I remove, it displays as a black and orange design which is not exactly what the display looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tina,

I think you need to invest in Illustrator training. I now licensed one of your files and this are my findings:

The green, blue and orange squares are backgrounds I used to see how the asset reacts. I selected one streak and there you see the magic behind. First you have a gradient as a fill to the path, going to black. The blending mode with the background is "screen".

This is from the help files for Illustrator:

Screen

Multiplies the inverse of the blend and base colors. The resulting color is always a lighter color. Screening with black leaves the color unchanged. Screening with white produces white. The effect is similar to projecting multiple slide images on top of each other.

See here for the full text: How to edit artwork using transparency and blending modes in Illustrator .

If you have further questions, please move to the Illustrator​ forum, where skilled users can help you in achieving the required results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn't realize you had to "work" images to include them in your artwork. To me, since I can't use this in my project, it really doesn't have a transparent background. I have to add a background then incorporate it into my artwork. I will share this with my team. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with  #:  125097639

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will absolutely need to use Illustrator for this asset. If you have, please describe your problem and we may help. If you do not have Illustrator, it will probably be impossible to use this asset at its best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've licensed the asset and it works as expected:

Transperency.PNG

I switched off the checkerboard and put the blue square as a background. The left half has NO background and shows the "magic" behind such objects. You absolutly need a background so that the effect works. A white background will work, but as the rung is white, you will have white on white and that means no effect at all..

May be you could tell us about your Ai version?

The ai-file has been created with %%Creator: Adobe Illustrator(R) 20.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with 215542955. When I hide the background layer, I get a black background that is still showing when I place the file in InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Lisenced: #177726668

And it has no layers when opened in illustrator,  I specificlly chose this because it said transparent background. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I ordered #114122981 and #114123912. I no longer have illustrator but trying to use these files in affinity designer, in the layers panel there is no option for turning off the gray chequerboard background, what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered your other post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still having issues please repost in a new thread. We were having trouble with notifications during the time you posted your question about this asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started