• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another copyright strike from another purchase song... how to get rid of them?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously annoying. 

This time I posted the license code on the copyright claim that I have to dispute..

YouTube is telling me that they will have to "share" whatever monetization from the video. 

How long does it take for a copyright claim to clear? 

If I keep getting claim that I have to dispute and they don't clear quicker than later, then it will totally discourage the use of music on my videos.. or at least music that I have to purchase..

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

You can expect to justify your copyright on every song. This it is that gives exclusivity to purchasers; how could Youtube know you have a license? If you aren't already doing exactly this, see https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/06/16/adobe-stock-audio-content-id-claims.html#gs.4ttg9h

If Youtube are slow when you follow the procedures, then there isn't much Adobe can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tagging @WendellaBee for further guidance.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh BTW..... this claim is still up... and I surely purchased it and have the right code for it.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can expect to justify your copyright on every song. This it is that gives exclusivity to purchasers; how could Youtube know you have a license? If you aren't already doing exactly this, see https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/06/16/adobe-stock-audio-content-id-claims.html#gs.4ttg9h

If Youtube are slow when you follow the procedures, then there isn't much Adobe can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blog post listed by @Test Screen Name includes a link to audio copyright claims near the bottom of the page. @elindo586 please follow the instructions there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS if there is a box where you type your license code be sure to type just the code, nothing else, no commentary, complaint, thanks or explanation. Not even the words "License code". This may well be an automated process that is messed up if you type anything other than the license code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dispute is been up since June 24th...

Congratulations to the copyright owner...   I have already made a new video and this time I am NOT using any Adobe music. 

555.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pity. Did you send your license code as part of the dispute resolution, in the exact way the Blog post says? The license code must be exact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did put the same license code for that song, but there is no way to re-check it in the given case I did wrong, either way I am pretty sure I put the correct code.

This is the second claim I have gotten.  In the first claim I didn't even know to put a code and said I purchased the song from Adobe, then the copyright owner contacted me directly to my email to ask me about the license code and I gave it to him, the claim was cleared in about 2 days.  This new claim I think I did everything correctly and still up.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does YouTube help say what you should do? Do the (c) owners match by name on YouTube and Adobe stock? Is it the same claiming party as with your first video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just sent a feedback to YouTube.  I would be surprise if YouTube says anything at all.

It looks like the copyright owner all they have to do is do nothing and they get to win on the strike.

On the other hand I am pretty sure I posted the right license code on the claim, if I didn't post the right license conde, then surely I haven't gotten any feedback.

Given that I purchased this music from Adobe Stock I think this is something that Adobe should know and see if they can fix it as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is systematic and always the same author, it is for sure something that Adobe should know about.

It looks like the copyright owner all they have to do is do nothing and they get to win on the strike.

By @elindo586

Probably not, if you posted the correct code, you have a valid claim, and they need to react in your favour or give you some other reason for not doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the best way to fix this is to license your music from someone other than adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started