• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artist reference images - can I use Adobe stock?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning,

I am an artist and I have been asked to create some work for an exhibition. I am therefore searching for some reference images to work from. I love the quality and clarity of Adobe Stock images and would like to know if the images can be used as an artist reference?

I have read the information about not being able to directly sell the image printed onto products but I am unsure about the rules on paintings being created from the images. There would be one original painting that would be sell-able and then potentially prints of the painting for sale as well.

I would assume this is not possible but wanted to check

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Hi Leahwartist,

Please refer the Legal terms of use for information :http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US_20160616.pdf

Stock FAQ: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Adobe Stock Learn & Support

For any other help, kindly Contact Customer Care .

Hope this helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leahwartist,

Please refer the Legal terms of use for information :http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Terms-en_US_20160616.pdf

Stock FAQ: Common Questions, Adobe Stock

Adobe Stock Learn & Support

For any other help, kindly Contact Customer Care .

Hope this helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you say yes or no? I couldn't see that defined well in the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krister,

Did you ever get an answer to this? I ams need to know! Their terms are so vague in relation to art.

I don't see why not if you are adding and changing elements....but need to be sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Sahara+Desert  wrote

Their terms are so vague in relation to art.

The terms are quite clear. You are creating an art for sale based on a stock image. You will need an extended license. I do not see much difference in printing a picture and selling that as a poster or in painting the picture and selling that as an artwork.

Where it starts to get complicated is when the original image is no more recognizable.

No Adobe staff will say "Yes you can" or "no you can't" if the situation is not crystal clear.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started