• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I locate/contact an artist?

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a need for some custom illustration and love a particular artist's style I've found on Adobe Stock. I've searched the forum and it appears an artist cannot be contacted directly via the Adobe Stock website, which seems absurd. I've tried searching the artist's name on the Web to no avail. Are there any other strategies others have used to successfully identify and contact an artist from the Adobe Stock collection?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Chris,

I understand but with Adobe stock, we do not provide the contact information of the contributor as per the policy.

I will be happy to take this as a request but as of now, we don't provide such information.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to contact a contributor. Also, we won't be able to share the contact information of any of the contributors.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using google image search to see if the image can be found elsewhere with their name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to find the same image on Shutterstock, which provides the artist’s email address for direct contact.

Adobe Stock should do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I understand but with Adobe stock, we do not provide the contact information of the contributor as per the policy.

I will be happy to take this as a request but as of now, we don't provide such information.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some Artists on Adobe Stock I'd LOVE to contact myself about their work. I understand not being able to release their contact information and all of that but why not implement a messaging system so we can send Private Messages to Artists we admire and the Artists can select whether they want to receive such messages or not? I'd personally love to hire some of these Artists for custom work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have already said. Do a reverse Google search. Best bet. 🙂 Also if you click on a users avatar, there is a way to PM someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

Also if you click on a users avatar, there is a way to PM someone.

Unquote

Not on stock!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way stock works it would be not good for Adobe's busines to shotcircuit their system. Very easy:_ A contributor gets a commission of 30% of a sale, 70% are for Adobe's service to put the asset in for sale. Adebe's commission is of the highest in the microstock industry, but still, you could shortcircuit Adobe and offer the double to the artist...

If you want to hire an artist, there are specifically websites for doing this. There the service provided is not an asset but the platform that allows you to contact artists and ask them for a specific job.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started