• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit an Adobe Stock image?

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've bought an image off Adobe Stock, but when I add it into InDesign, it tells me I can't edit it. It's a Christmas invitation so obviously I need to be able to change the text information on it, can anyone please help? *Pulling my hair out*

Christmas invite.jpg

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

The image you got is in an ai/eps format. I'm not going to purchase the imaging using one of my credits to answer your question, but you should download it and then use a vector-based drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator to open the file.

Depending on how professional the creator of the file is, you will have several options available.

• •Use the Selection (or Direct Selection) tool to select one of the items. You can change its fill color, resize it, etc.
  • •Use the Type tool to highlight the tex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock forum for assistance.

You may find some links provided here useful: 

FAQ: Where can I find useful links about using Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer? I am wondering the same thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you got is in an ai/eps format. I'm not going to purchase the imaging using one of my credits to answer your question, but you should download it and then use a vector-based drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator to open the file.

Depending on how professional the creator of the file is, you will have several options available.

• •Use the Selection (or Direct Selection) tool to select one of the items. You can change its fill color, resize it, etc.
  • •Use the Type tool to highlight the text, delete it, and then substitute your own. However, based on the image preview, it is very likely that some (if not all) of the text has been converted to outlines.
  • •If the text is outlined, use the Selection (or Direct Selection) tool to delete the outlined text and then type in your own.
  • •Again, depending on the professionalism of the creator, any of the following may have been done to the art. You may have problems editing them depending on your proficiency using Illustrator.
  • The art may be grouped into one item that is selected at once. Select and ungroup (Cmd/Ctrl-G)
    • The art may be on a layer that is locked. Open the layers panel and click to remove the Lock icon.
    • The art that repeats around the page, such as the snowflakes in the top left and right corners may be symbols that need special treatment to be edited. Find the symbol in the symbols panel and double click the symbol in the Symbols panel or the instance of the symbol on the page.
    • The repeating dashed line around the polygon are most likely a custom stroke. They can be edited in the Stroke panel.
    • There are some other sophisticated features such as masks and compound paths that may be applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expound on editing images? I have "placed" three images into a logo I'm designing: each have a white or black background. How do I make the background transparent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just licensed and downloaded an ai/eps group of communication icons with drop shadow. When I initially opened in Illustrator, it was a flat image. Couldn't ungroup or select individual icons. The layer was not locked.

I finally figured out that you need to double click the image name in the Downloads library to ungroup it.

I wish that Adobe Stock downloading and using stock images would be a little more intuitive and not such a complicated process.

Thanks for letting me unload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to post this, your response was most valuable.

This was so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't they make this stuff clear? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While Sandee Cohen gave really good pointers that will help me in future projects, the ~"double-click on the file in the library" is what did it for me.  Thank you ronzonni!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started