Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to properly credit an Adobe stock image

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the EXACT format to use when placing a copyright/credit on an Adobe stock image?

For example, which of the following do I need?

A) Adobe stock credit

B) artist's name

C) Image #.

PLEASE do not direct me to the Adobe terms of use as I have not found the format clearly outlined/articulated there. Thanks!

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

"© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This link might help: Adobe Stock Help | Common Questions

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena,

My question isn't answered by this link. It just says to add the copyright. It doesn't say how the credit should written - i.e.

What is the format to use when placing a copyright/credit on an Adobe stock image?

Should it read copyright adobe OR copyright image creator? For example, which of the following do I need?

A) copyright Adobe stock

B) artist's name

C) Image #.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same questions.  I am needing 100% clarity on the copyright issues.  The FAQs are vague and deeply buried.  Adobe, please answer.

What is the format to use when placing a copyright/credit on an Adobe stock image?

Is it necessary to list Adobe or Adobe Stock on my children's book which will be placsed for sale.  I do plan to manipulate most of the images, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excuse the typo please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this response! This is such an important question annd it took me over an hour of hunting to find the answer. I suggest that Adobe make this required language very clear in its Terms of Use.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to find out the photographs name? Not just his "nickname" at Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to find out the photographs name? Not just his "nickname" at Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomas

No, I'm afraid that information is not made public.

Thanks

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old posting, but I have a follow up question.  When I reviewed the metadata of an image from Adobe Stock, the metadata shows the credit line and the Copyright notice as "Photographer's name - Fotolia".  Would I then credit the image like this:

© [Photographer's name - Fotolia] / Adobe Stock?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the "Fotolia" portion and you are all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I appreciate your quick response. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I need to label each photo individually in the book or can I add this in the front of the book?

Credits: Photographs & images are protected by copyright law. Resale or use of any images of this book is prohibited.

Images © / Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most books do not require a photo credit per the license agreement. The credit you listed should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to advise ... does the credit actually have to be on the image? Can it be in an accompanying area? I used a couple of images to create oracle cards, and was going to credit it in the accompanying booklet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina,

It is fine if you give the photo credit in the booklet and not on every image for the oracle deck.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a small book, and adding the images with (c) on the appropriate (c) page for each image along with the page number. Do I need additional wording such as: "Images used under license" I have read the terms of service, and looked at a number of other areas on the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find the photographers name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Stock team.

There are various photographer's who contribute their artwork on the Adobe Stock website and their names are always listed at the top of the image. Please see the screenshot below:

So if you are using this image, for example, the credit line(photographer's name) which you should mention on the image should be "© [Yuriy Mazur] /Adobe Stock"

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Twarita. Very helpful! Can I put my company logo on the image if I give credit to the photographer?  I am using the image for social media. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anusha,

Unfortunately, you cannot use an Adobe Stock image as a part of a company logo or brand. You need to have complete ownership of the image you use for your company logo since logos are intended to be registered and protected to prevent other companies or organizations from using the same image. Because Adobe Stock only grants a right to use images and does not transfer the ownership, these images cannot be used in or as a logo.

You may also refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock for more details.

Additionally, I would like to let you know that if you modify an Adobe Stock image, you may use it for the requirement which is stated in your above post.

Note: It is possible only if there are major changes/ modifications in the image.

Please let us know if you require any further information.

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like an answer to the question I think the previous person was actually asking.

I am not using the image as part of the logo- the logo is white and put on top of various backgrounds and header blocks throughout the website.

It does not constitute the official logo itself it is just in the background - please could you answer the previoud question as asked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindsey,

Could you please send me some screenshots of your work (the way you intend to use the Stock images) in a private message so that I can review them and can provide you with the correct information?

Regards

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started