• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

POD usage

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure someone may have already asked this question, but I need to know, and don't know where to find it.

I have a small POD shop. I need images as placeholders for birth announcements, greeting cards, etc. The customer replaces the photo with their own photo. The placeholder is for the sake of the product display and composition. JPEGS are flat and can't be extracted in any way to my knowlege. The site does not sell digital images either. It is on Zazzle. Can I photos for this, and do I need model release on them. Please advise. Thanks! Also, would that be the standard license? 

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

There is a problem: the only info Adobe give is the license terms. Adobe staff cannot offer any comment or guidance on them, because in a court of law only the license terms matter. And we aren't even Adobe staff; our opinion counts for even less with a judge. If you want legal advice, sad to say, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for questions about Adobe Stock specifically. You don't have to get model releases, because Adobe insist on them and keep them on file (you cannot view them or contact the model or photographer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have answered the model release question. Thanks, but I don't think my question was clear. I want to buy Adobe stock images and use those photos as placeholders on products in my shop such as invitations, etc. The customer replaces the image with their own. So the question is: can I use Adobe images, commercially, as placeholders on products in my shop? Is this permitted. I would not be selling the photos in the design of an invitation, etc., and they would be replaced by the customer with their own photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name is correct as you need to look into the licensing terms.

IMHO, I think, however, that your application is in-line with the licensing terms, as you do not sell the product with the image on, but you provide a method for the customer to see how it would look like. With an extended licence, you could even sell the card with the baby's picture on (in case that the parents don't dare to put their picture of their baby on the card… 😄 )

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a problem: the only info Adobe give is the license terms. Adobe staff cannot offer any comment or guidance on them, because in a court of law only the license terms matter. And we aren't even Adobe staff; our opinion counts for even less with a judge. If you want legal advice, sad to say, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started