• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"mental retardation" and "retarded" search terms yield offensive representations

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could Adobe please revise the results for search terms "mental retardation" and "retarded" in Adobe Stock?  The current results yield an awful lot of deeply inaccurate and offensive depictions of people with intellectual disabilities.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Thank you for this valuable feedback. I have passed this on to the appropriate product managers.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this valuable feedback. I have passed this on to the appropriate product managers.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sorry to learn today that Adobe has decided that the current selection of images tagged under "retarded" keyword appropriately represents its views about people with intellectual disabilities: Retarded photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock

Adobe's selection of images depicting people with intellectual disabilities perpetuates negative stereotypes about psychiatric disabilities, which I find deeply offensive. I am sure that all disability organizations and your customers will find your decision to keep the current selection of images equally offensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will follow up with product management regarding this issue as I thought it was addressed earlier.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

I've responded to your Facebook message and post and the issue had been escalated to the product team in January only.

But since I see you've sent us another message today, I am again sending the message to our product team for the same.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no action?! Do those images truly represent Adobe's view on people with intellectual disabilities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe_retarded.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Martin,

We have escalated this to the appropriate team and Sheena and I are monitoring the issue. We will update this thread when we have new information.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started