• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What will happen after 500k views? Lisence.

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have a question. I use your images for YouTube. When there are more than 500k views images for 1 image, I will need the enhanced license. The annual license will cover the images that I used or I will need to buy some kind of license for each image that has 500k views? It's all so confusing for me. Thanks for your attention.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Adobe employees don't comment on licensing. terms. They will point you to the same links. If they would answer, they could create a liability for Adobe.

I've answered your question to the best of my knowledge. If you want better advice, I suggest consulting a lawyer specialized in the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need an extended license for one image, you would need to buy an extended license for each image, under the same condition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. What about credit? is it more profitably to buy an image for credit? when an image reaches 500k views can I buy it for credits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

500k on the same YouTube video? I would expect that you need to acquire an extended licence.

If you want to be certain, you will need to ask your lawyer. You won't get more advice here as to read the licensing terms. We are not lawyers and will not provide juristic services, only opinions. Adobe employees will point you to the licensing terms.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my question is if 1 image (standard license) has had 500k views may it be bought it for 1 credit year by year and continue to use this image? Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By doing so, you have broken your agreement and can be sued for damages if the rights holder or Adobe becomes aware of the infringement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to buy an image for credits and use it after 500k views? Am I right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/what-will-happen-after-500k-views-lisence/m-p/12150913#M59624

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You gave me the link to this post. That didn't help at all. I guess only adobe employees may answer my question 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe employees don't comment on licensing. terms. They will point you to the same links. If they would answer, they could create a liability for Adobe.

I've answered your question to the best of my knowledge. If you want better advice, I suggest consulting a lawyer specialized in the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started