• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a graph local by embedding it into current sbs

Enthusiast ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like in Blender where you can make a node local  and save it with current file . You can then  edit it then without messing all other sbs files ?

Idea No status
TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create several graphs under a single package. You can then use one graph as a node in another graph. Would this do what you need or maybe I misunderstand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right   and it's what I want   as a goal .    It's just usually you don't create new  graphs in your current  sbs each time . You drop alredy existing  ones from a library .  And what  I want is  making  library node  local to sbs file. 

Same as with Blender libraries .     So basicallywe need a  button that would  copy dropped node to  your current sbs and let you edit it  without messing the library one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually in Designer, when you want to make a graph configurable, you  add parameters to it. I don't think it is a common practice to get a graph from a library and modify its content. Personally I am not working like that at all, as this leads to duplication and maintenance nightmares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, And this is exactly why  Blender nodes are so much more convenient .    You start from library nodes and then if you feel you need to add some specific  parameter you don't edit the library one . Otherwize it would turn it  in a huge list of parameters you soon forget what they do.  You make a local to your current file copy  and edit it , not the library one. 

In Designer I have to create  new version of the library node  while keeping the old one too  to have old files working.  It turns into a mess quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate