• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe , please make node based interface for Painter

Enthusiast ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or otherwise add a few painting tools  to Designer.     IMO those anchors are nice  but  it's still a hell of a puzzle all the time.

I couldn't figure out a thing in my own  files.  They looks like indecipherable mess a week after.   No sense of flow , no compartmentalization,  height and normal inputs fighting each other ,   endless workarounds and tricks  for what should just be  2 or 3   parallel node flow easily accessible for masks whenever necessary.      All the same   as in Photoshop.

Every time I switch from Designer to Painter I am gasping of inconvenience. it takes hours to figure out why smart materials are not working  as expected for example .    SBSAR export is another puzzle  that eats your time like crazy.

Perhaps  Designer isn't a champion in  clearness  and simplisity  , I would still love some layers  like it was in Designer before   but still its so much more simple.   Like any other modern node based  soft.

Idea Under review
TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Hello @kirkr5689,

This is two different workflows that we've clearly separated when we've built Substance Painter.

I understand the need for Brushs/Layers in Designer, and Procedural in Painter, but this is currently not the focus.

Regards,

Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @kirkr5689,

This is two different workflows that we've clearly separated when we've built Substance Painter.

I understand the need for Brushs/Layers in Designer, and Procedural in Painter, but this is currently not the focus.

Regards,

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe
Status Under review

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources