• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposing more shortcuts to the brushes and better Asset layout needed

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a 3D and 2D creator, I have been running around softwares to complete my tasks. Software such as, Procreate, Clips Studio Paint, Affinity , Photoshop and some more. I have been struggling to make the working progress faster and streamline. however the UI of Substance painter havent changed or improved at all since 2022. 

There are few things I hope to be changed and improve with this version (2024). The brushes adjustments, layer edits shortcut should be exposed to the settings, not just accessible on the tool bar the UI itself. 

Moreover, the scaling of the UI is not friendly for smaller screen user. Personally using a 27" 2k monitor just barely enough to fit the essentials on the screen. The layout of each elements with a slide bar using too much spacing to adjust from left to right. means if I scale down the UI itself will hide the maximum value and the description of it which make it moreless useless or occupied a large area of the screen space. limited viewing of the Canvas. Perhaps making a more compact UI for that be a better experience.

I hope these issues are brought up to the board and to be addressed.

Many thanks,

CrossVadar

Idea No status
TOPICS
Discussion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a Liquidfy brush would be nice too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CrossVadar,

Thanks for the suggestions.

What are you referring to when mentioning "The brushes adjustments, layer edits shortcut should be exposed to the settings"?

There is a panel named Properties (Window > Properties), that you can dock anywhere you want in the UI. In addition, you can simply RMB anywhere in the viewport to display the Properties window. I personally use the RMB in order to keep the UI as light as possible.

From the screenshot you sent, it seems like all the panel are open at the same time. Just so you know, most of those are only temporarily useful. Therefore, I advise you to dock them inside another panel to make some space.

CyrilDellenbach_0-1704893906161.png

I also advise for small screens (which is always a complicated topic) to use the TAB shortcut in order to maximize the 3D view when painting.

Maximize 3D View.gif

Could you specify what you would expect with a liquify brush? Would it be something similar to what the current Smudge tool does?

Let me know.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources