• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import into Stager :( maybe X file size, but DEF not working!

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the SAME issue others have written about....   
I wanted to make sure I write my own post instead of commenting.

Something is definitely up with IMPORT...       It just sits with LOADING...X%
(It may be files that exceed Xmb, but it's definitely not working)...
Since the update, cannot import into Stager, I assure you! (and I use it all day, every day).

It's appearing in multiple conversations and posts, so it's unlikely that it's coincidence.....

Hopefully, they will address the issue!

thanks so much!! I will atttempt to revert to previous version.

-E-

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding additional screen - Task Manager -- showing what happens when attempting to Import/Load files....

It automatically crashes, but app freezes and doesn't close. It just hangs....

hopefully you are being notified:
"helps developers identify and fix issues that cause software crashes. When a software applicationcrashes, the Crashpad system collects data about the crash and sends it to the developers. This information is crucial for developers to diagnose and fix the problem, improving the overall stability and performance of the software."

-E-

importIssue-crashBehindScenes-stager3d.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I had to take Stager back to 2.1.2 and now able to import with no issues...   😞  

I tried to rollback 1, then 1 more .....

-E-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the report.

Could you send me (cdellenbach@adobe.com) one of your meshes that doesn't load in Substance 3D Stager? This way, I'd be able to reproduce on my end, and it will make our job easier for tracking the potential bug.

Let me know.

Cyril Dellenbach (Micro) | QA Support Artist | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok -- UPDATE....

I have narrowed this down to files created in earlier versions of Stager.
Those are the files (.ssg) that cannot be opened by many people. Something's not right.

First, I thought it was size, which I see others have guessed or assumed as a possibility.
However, it's more complex SSG files created and saved with or before Stager 2.1.2.

I tried renaming, moving, permissions, etc. it's always stuck at 90% Loading....  and never does.
In Task manager (windows), crashpad handler proves an issue occurs and you would wait forever for it to load.

My workaround is to either only use 2.1.2, because I can open and import any of those files
-OR-
Install 2.1.2 and open each file - then = Save the objects/lights/ scene pieces etc. in .DN (dimension) or .OBJ file formats -- all the pieces.

Then, in a brand new scene - after moving back to most current version(s) of stager, re-import piece by piece.

That's it.   No question about it.

-E-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources