• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU rendering not available in Substance 3D Stager

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substance 3D Stager has GPU rendering for Windows only, on supported NVIDIA cards.  

If the GPU rendering option is disabled while you are on a supported card, there are two things you can do:

• Update your video card drivers
  • If you're on a laptop that also includes an integrated card use the NVIDIA control panel application to set Stager to prefer your dedicated GPU instead of the integrated card.
Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,
Need a bit more info. As it happens, my desktop system also has an RTX 3090, running the same studio driver version, and Stager 2.1 is not having any problem with renders (in fact, since the last update, they go at a ridiculous speed). What's your Windows version, CPU, available RAM? And have you reset you Stager preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same Stager 2.1.0 and the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not use GPU Rendering although I updated everything including BIOS. Why on earth we can't use GPU rendering while using stager with a high quality laptop just bought for this! No recommended solution resolve the issue. 

AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue solved after 12. reset:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我用3060的显卡,也是用不了GPU功能,怎么办呢?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

将您的系统更新到最新的 Nvidia Studio 驱动程序,即 536.40。如有必要,请完全卸载驱动程序,重新启动系统,然后全新安装新驱动程序。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I may have found a "solution" to the issue of the "Render with GPU" option being greyed out on my XPS-15 9350 with GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop card. "Render with GPU" was available after it was available upon first setup but disappeared after an update. I fully wiped the machine several times, updated and rolled back drivers and did all the solutions presented in the forms or in the Substance support documentation.

The solution that has been working consistently for me is to - **In the Design panel** turn Ray-Trace on. Select the Settings drop-down just to the right and turn on "Render with GPU". This seems to be working consistently for me to enable GPU rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that update. It's definitely not how things are supposed to work and isn't what happens on my machines, You'll be helping us all if you can make a video of a short Stager session where you demonstrate the problem. (Snipping Tool will be enough. Turn on the mic in Preferences if you want to add commentary.) Send it plus the Stager log file to substance3D-bugs@adobe.com.

If you're not already familiar with the logs, you'll find them in \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Stager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan, it only seems to be an issue once, but I have lost a few hairs trying to figure it out. After I follow the steps listed above, the "Render with GPU" option continues to remains available. Next time I update or have to re-install I'll make a screen recording to post and email the logs to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! I was tearing my absolute hair out. This saved me. Reset preferences, tried numerous drivers, rollbacks, and everything in between- rebooted my computer and changed settings in windows and nvidia control panel but could not toggle on GPU rendering in the render panel. Was absolutely losing my mind! Somehow the new Nvidia driver update a few days ago must have made the design panel revert to Real Time, and I didn't notice. Turned GPU rending on there with ray tracing first, and magically, the render panel allowed me to toggle GPU again. Absolutely brutal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the same over and over and still cannot get Stager to use Raytracing utilising my Nvidia RTX 3070 on my laptop (where Painter, Modeller & Sampler can fully use GPU & detecting it).... somehow stuck! Help!? 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! i use the last Nvidia drivers but no GPU rendering!!! The team is aware about this issue.
On my laptop MSI wtih a RTX 4070 :
546.01 Game ready --> no GPU rendering
546.17 Game ready --> no GPU rendering
545.92 Game ready --> no GPU rendering
it's ok with 537.58 drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One important point: There is a difference between the game-ready drivers and the studio drivers. I've experienced, and seen several reports from others over the last two years of game-ready drivers not performing well with design and 3D apps. The studio drivers are much less likely to cause problems. What the internal difference is, I don't know, but the studio drivers seem to be important for best performance with Stager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @AlanGilbertson for this info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing exactly the same! The weird thing was though, I rolled back to 537.58 and then upgraded to the newest and it worked until today. So rolling back to 537.58 until the problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also gaming a lot so I do prefer the game-ready drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an avid gamer, but the few games I do run don't seem to care which version of the driver is installed. MSFS runs just fine full-screen, 3440x1440, with the graphics settings cranked. I didn't see any difference in FPS running the Unigine benchmarks with game-ready vs. studio drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources